585,591 active members*
2,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Manual Guide i macros (custom g-codes) on Fanuc 18i-MB disabling/params?

Manual Guide i macros (custom g-codes) on Fanuc 18i-MB disabling/params?

i have two identical hardinge/bridgeport vmc xp3 1000 's, and i'm unable to override or disable (or find any relevant info) on custom g-code macros...

i'm pretty sure these are manual guide i g-codes, the symptom i'm seeing is that redefining a custom g-code of a number between 100 and 999 will not work... ie: defining a custom macro m-code works perfectly, the same as on my other 18i's, 0i's, 18mc, 0-mc's, 31i, etc... (using params 6050-6080, 3202, and progs o900x-o902x)

and defining a custom G88 works perfectly, but defining a custom g101 gives me a custom alarm message (ie #300x), which is the same custom alarm as running a g101 which is not defined by params 6050+...

so factory set machine, MDI a G101 and i get something like:
    alarm #3009 Incorrect cutting conditions

and even if i redefine G101 custom macro, i get the same message, and the program (ie: o9011) will not be called...

something besides 6050 params is overriding all my g-codes between 100 and 999, and my only guess is that they are manual guide i g-codes... but i guess they could be MTB g-codes i guess... nothing in the books

thanks for any help
    - gwarble

Quote Originally Posted by gwarble View Post
    i have two identical hardinge/bridgeport vmc xp3 1000 's, and i'm unable to override or disable (or find any relevant info) on custom g-code macros...

i'm pretty sure these are manual guide i g-codes, the symptom i'm seeing is that redefining a custom g-code of a number between 100 and 999 will not work... ie: defining a custom macro m-code works perfectly, the same as on my other 18i's, 0i's, 18mc, 0-mc's, 31i, etc... (using params 6050-6080, 3202, and progs o900x-o902x)

and defining a custom G88 works perfectly, but defining a custom g101 gives me a custom alarm message (ie #300x), which is the same custom alarm as running a g101 which is not defined by params 6050+...

so factory set machine, MDI a G101 and i get something like:
    alarm #3009 Incorrect cutting conditions

and even if i redefine G101 custom macro, i get the same message, and the program (ie: o9011) will not be called...

something besides 6050 params is overriding all my g-codes between 100 and 999, and my only guess is that they are manual guide i g-codes... but i guess they could be MTB g-codes i guess... nothing in the books

thanks for any help
    - gwarble
    Gwarble,

I'm a former Apps engineer for Hardinge/Bridgeport. I had a customer down Jersey way. He had Mori's with custom M code similar to your issues. I contacted Fanuc and they stated the that the Manual Guide-I was the issue just as you suspect. They only admitted it after a couple of weeks of try this, try that....(chair)

After quite a bit work the only work around was to move all custom M-codes to the 4xx series, which worked without a problem. As for you thinking the Hardinge-MTB locked out these is incorrect. To be honest MG-i caused a lot of problems, very little support from Fanuc and Hardinge/Bridgeport didn't want it on the control, but came on the control.

If I can be of future help, feel free to contact me. I still have all my documentation and paperwork on the XP3/XR machines. Pretty nice equipment, got to got to Taiwan and see them built.

Ou812

thanks for the info, i would really appreciate any information you may have about these machines, especially the custom screens, F-ROM built-in/embedded macros (progs o8500-o9003) etc...

is there no way to just disable manu guide i completely?? we never use the interface nor the custom g-codes... and my main goal in a shop full of different fanuc controls is to standardize... which the lowest common denominators limit me to g-codes and m-codes between 100 and 255 if you include 0-mc/tc's, 100-999 if you include 18-mc's, 100-9999 if you include a mori seiki 18i-mb, but 1000-9999 if you count this limitation on the hardinge's...

very annoying if i want the same codes on each machine for operator ease as well as simpler posts

thanks again for the info
    - gwarble