585,973 active members*
4,175 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hi from Horsham Victoria (again)

Hi all,

Just thought I would place a quick post here.

I have a been a bit quiet here for a while as I have been busy with another diy cnc machine that has its own forum, far away from here in another land .

Some people here in the past have questioned the design and seem to have written it off. It is a very capable machine and will perform as accurately as it has been built and as accurately as the plans are followed.

I could go on and on but I will just post some pics instead. The first is just for fun...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ute.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	104385

And the second is for reference. Total size is 165 x 26 mm and text is 2.5 mm high. Both of these were cut on the same machine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	104386

Good luck to all with their builds and keep an opened mind. I had no idea my journey would take me the way it has when a friend and I built my first machine (not sure when but the pictures in my galley were posted in June 2005 so it was sometime before then). Now some years later I have 4 cnc machines the largest having a cutting area of 3839 X 1316 mm. CNC is a disease that gets worse with time. Make sure you either get it cured or get a really big shed, I don't think there is any other option.

Regards,

Jayson.
    (Horsham, Victoria)
    Quick... catch all the smoke so I can stuff it back in.

Smile help

hello there in horsham we are in Ballarat your dino is wonderful and my husband is driving me mad...purchased a secondhand machine with mac3 software and vector 2d
    and we cant get it to do anything its a ruddy great door step.....we can open the programs draw the pics but cant get the pics to machine any clues we will call you a local sorry to be a pain but helpppppppppppppppppppppppp please

Hey, that's cool.

Dinosaur looks awsome, Got some pics/Specs of your machine and this forum you talk of?

Hi All,

I forgot I had posted (vented) here. My machine is a Mechmate, it was the first to be constructed in Australia, as far as I know. You will need to register to view pictures in the forum so for those that don't want to here are a few pics of the completed machine. The spindle is a 2.2kw water cooled unit from ebay. Very happy so far.

Regards,

Jayson.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails base board.jpg   Spindle mounted.jpg   dinos-1.jpg  
    Quick... catch all the smoke so I can stuff it back in.