Hi all,

I am ready to purchase a few stepper drivers for my multi-axis gantry system with 2.8A/phase and 3A/phase motors, and I already have a 34V linear non-reg PS. I was planning on getting some IMS IM483's or Gecko G251's. The G251s would've been great at ~$50/ea and super compact, but unfortunately they seem to be fixed at 1/10 microstep, and my machine needs 1/8 microstep to get the correct resolution. IM483's would also be great but they're expensive new, so it means waiting around until I get a deal on ebay from a seller that seems trustable.

So my next thought is to use the IM805's (awesome drives!) that are currently running my CNC mill, and replace those with something like G201X's. The mill is currently being fed with with a 68V linear non-reg PS, so that's within the G201X's specs, and I can re-configure the mill to work with the 10 microsteps. But I'm not sure how the G201X compares to the IM805 in terms of smoothness, etc. Anyone have a comparison between these two, or can otherwise shed some light on decision?

I'm also open to other drivers if anyone has suggestions.

Cheers,
-Neil.