585,737 active members*
4,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge Quest 6/42 sub spindle synchronization

Hardinge Quest 6/42 sub spindle synchronization

I am attempting to transfer 3/4" hex part in main collet to a same size hex collet in sub spindle.I cannot get the flats of the hex to match up! I am not
    at work as I post this so I can't quite remember the spindle synch. codes I was
    using.My production manager got a Gosiger app. engineers sample program E mailed to him yesterday but it didn't work.I really could use some help from someone else who programs the 6/42. Thanks to all who reply.

M32 Syncs the spindles. M7 Syncs the orientation.

Also could be that the main and sub are not algined.

I got it !

My production manager called Gosiger and they called Hardinge who said it was parameter 4024 S2. I used a test program that Gosiger e mailed and then adjusted the parameter until the alignment was correct. ( I am writing this at home and do not have internet access at work so the parameter number may be wrong.) I am still looking for someone who programs a Hardinge Quest 6/42 so we can share information. Thanks everybody !

Chris, I sent you a PM yesterday. First time I had been on this site in awhile. I've never programmed a Quest 6/42, but have been programming Hardinges for 25 years starting with CHNCs. We no longer have any CHNC lathes, but do have a Conquest 51, a Conquest 42 and several Conquest T42s. Two have hydraulic subspindles, 3 have programmable subspindes, 2 have C-axis (that seldom get used), and one has live tooling using B-axis which only gets used for cross drilling although I have milled keyways with it.

We also have 3 Daewoo 200MS lathes plus a Nakamura Tome TW-20 with C-axis that do see a bit more C-axis work. Unfortunately we don't get any fancy work for C-axis, but I should be able to help you with basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by g-codeguy View Post
    Chris, I sent you a PM yesterday. First time I had been on this site in awhile. I've never programmed a Quest 6/42, but have been programming Hardinges for 25 years starting with CHNCs. We no longer have any CHNC lathes, but do have a Conquest 51, a Conquest 42 and several Conquest T42s. Two have hydraulic subspindles, 3 have programmable subspindes, 2 have C-axis (that seldom get used), and one has live tooling using B-axis which only gets used for cross drilling although I have milled keyways with it.

We also have 3 Daewoo 200MS lathes plus a Nakamura Tome TW-20 with C-axis that do see a bit more C-axis work. Unfortunately we don't get any fancy work for C-axis, but I should be able to help you with basic stuff.
    Thanks!!! I will post questions as they come up.