585,764 active members*
4,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation bridgeport xr 760

So I was breaking down my set-up on my mill yesterday after noon and after doing a tool change this part feel out of my machine and as anyone with a Hardinge or Bridgeport will tell you since changes in the company free help has been limited. So I want to post the picture here and see if anyone can help me identify b4 I am forced to call the service guy. Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks, the-mac.

Exclamation

:drowning: BUMP^

What that part may be...

Hello I am a service tech a company that used to deal Hardinge before they dropped us. I feel sorry for all the customers for now the knowledge of Hardinge equipment will dissappear soon.....

Its hard to say what that piece is exactly but if I had to guess from the pick. That is from the toolchanger's swing arm motor. That motor has a mechanical release for its brake. I believe that is the lever for that componet. climb up top of your machine and look at the motor directly above the swingarm. there should be a slot on the fan cover of the motor.... I bet it came from there.....good luck my man!!

just for your info

If you ever take a pic to show something else like this... its always good to add something next to the part to scale it. Coins usually work well.... like a penny or such. From that pick that rod could be any size. Let me know if i helped any.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawrocki4Life View Post
    Hello I am a service tech a company that used to deal Hardinge before they dropped us. I feel sorry for all the customers for now the knowledge of Hardinge equipment will dissappear soon.....

Its hard to say what that piece is exactly but if I had to guess from the pick. That is from the toolchanger's swing arm motor. That motor has a mechanical release for its brake. I believe that is the lever for that componet. climb up top of your machine and look at the motor directly above the swingarm. there should be a slot on the fan cover of the motor.... I bet it came from there.....good luck my man!!
    U hit it right on the head. It took a few days but someone finally got back to us with the same answer provided by you. It was killing me. Thanks a lot.