Hello all! New to the CNC world, but would love to learn by diving head first into a shallow pool!

I recently stumbled on a New Hermes Vanguard 3400 and was very sad to find out both the cables on the back of the machine were cut! I have an EP Controller but it comes up with squares on the display when you power it on. I started by googling to find out more info on the machine and try to find a manual, and link after link sent me to this forum.

So, I don't know if this table works... I am pretty confident that the table worked fine but the EP controller was bad since it won't do anything when I plug it in. Checked the fuses they were fine. Just squares come up on the display.

After a few hours of reading the forum I see time and time again people referred to either buying a new controller or hacking something together.

I have soldering and tiny wire repairing skills, my main hobby is repairing old video arcade and pinball machines. I'm just wondering... WHERE DO I START? I don't want to drop a bunch of money only to find out my table is a piece of crap.

WITHOUT CABLES I DON'T KNOW WHAT WIRE OF THE 20+ WIRES GOES WHERE ON THE EP CONTROLLER. IS THERE A DIAGRAM OR SCHEMATIC AVAILABLE ONLINE TO BUILD A HOMEBREW CABLE WITH A MORE STANDARD END? ANY LINKS TO BUILDS OF A HERMES MACHINE??

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!