584,817 active members*
4,691 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: X4 or X5

Page 2 of 2 12
    What control unit are you using which is at the side of the enclosure.

If you are asking about the unit on the right side of the enclosure it is a digital scale display. I have purchased and installed a 3 axis electronic scale system. This is mostly to check for lost movements or inaccurate travels.

If you are asking about the big box on the left below the enclosure it is the X5 electrical panel that comes installed on the back of the mill. I wanted to be able to move the mill close to a wall and so I moved this panel to the side and installed it on the base.

Thanks for the video link. I have chosen the X5 however I am considering the X7 but I could get 2 X5's for the price of the X7.

I am living in Ireland and manufacture scale models so I use 4 benchtop machines.

www.cdmodelz.com

I believe this will be the first Syil machine in Ireland.

I am hoping to order it in July/August. I want to wait for the ATC to be available. Does anyone know when it will be available and if it will be mounted to the table or a carousel type?

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    Thanks for the video link. I have chosen the X5 however I am considering the X7 but I could get 2 X5's for the price of the X7.

I am living in Ireland and manufacture scale models so I use 4 benchtop machines.

www.cdmodelz.com

I am hoping to order it in July/August. I want to wait for the ATC to be available. Does anyone know when it will be available and if it will be mounted to the table or a carousel type?
    the x7 ATC we will release within a month.
    and you can take with me or Mr hugh to import this machine.
    thank you.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Will the X5 ATC be released also within a month. I believe there is a Syil reseller in the UK which I could get the machine from. Have you any idea of the cost of shipping the X5 to Ireland?

Also what type of ATC will be coming out, table mounted or mounted to the side of the machine. Thank you for the fast reply.

Will the X5 ATC be released also within a month. I believe there is a Syil reseller in the UK which I could get the machine from. Have you any idea of the cost of shipping the X5 to Ireland?

Also what type of ATC will be coming out, table mounted or mounted to the side of the machine. Thank you for the fast reply.
    going to ireland not expensive.but you need take charge import duty.
    if Mr hugh have stocks of x5,i don`t think it is good way from china.becuase it is need take time to wait..

ATC,we still in working on it.the draw bar have been done..
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

It won't be the first Syil machine in Ireland. I've had an X4plus here since April '08.
    I also saw a Syil C6 lathe advertised for sale here last year.

www.cdmodelz.com

How much backlash is present on the 4th axis, and if it is pogrammed to run in one direction can the backlash still affect the part.

Red face

How much backlash is present on the 4th axis, and if it is pogrammed to run in one direction can the backlash still affect the part.
    Hi
    To be honest although I have teh 4th axis I have yet to use it - it's one teh list of things to do.....along with a million other things

Page 2 of 2 12