585,712 active members*
4,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking Fagor 805M parameters lost extron BM90

HI I have a Extron BM90 mill with a Fagor 805m control on which the battery went flat and I cant get any help from the machine tool maker. Has anyone got the parameters for this machine or even a mill with this control on it would be a big help.
    many thanks in advance :wave:

David,

Really what you need are the parameter set from the Machine Builder..... all parameter tables are set by the Builder and are unique for each machine. Somebody elses paramter set would not help you.

If this is not available, you have to go through each parameter and enter in the appropriate value, you will also need to restore your PLC program. None of this terribly difficult and could be done by a Fagor Technician in just a few hours total..... I recommend you contact your local Fagor office to find where help is closest available. In Australia, I think the first place to contact is High Technology. Their contact information can be found at the below link:

http://www.fagorautomation.com/_bin/red_comercial.php

Hope this helps and good luck !
    Todd

Lost Data Fagor 8050 Extron BM90

Hi Todd.
    Sorry but I missed seeing this reply originally. CNC Zone is a sometimes bit difficult to navigate for a newbie on an occasional visit to check for responses.
    However we did exactly what you suggest and after a visit from Brian Laird of High Technology we are back in business -well nearly totally.
    When we connect our laptop to the 8050 control via USB to RS232 adaptors using Windows7, the latest adaptor drivers and WinDNC we can see the files resident in each in the side by side `files' windows. This is using either an ATEN or a Prolific USB to RS232 adaptor but any attempt at a file transfer fails. We get a message 38?? something or other (I'm not at work at the moment)-transmission error. The port settings on the laptop, where they can actually be changed in Win7, do match the control and the remainder eg end of line character etc are set at the control's default values.
    These adaptors work fine with Win7 on at least six industrial devices (Omron PLCs, SEW Inverters etc) so I tend to trust them despite a lot of conflicting and confusing comments.
    Is there something we've missed in the application or set-up of this connection? Is it also possible that the error code files have a more detailed explanation and can we download them?

Regards David Wheeldon
    /
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagor - Todd View Post
    David,

Really what you need are the parameter set from the Machine Builder..... all parameter tables are set by the Builder and are unique for each machine. Somebody elses paramter set would not help you.

If this is not available, you have to go through each parameter and enter in the appropriate value, you will also need to restore your PLC program. None of this terribly difficult and could be done by a Fagor Technician in just a few hours total..... I recommend you contact your local Fagor office to find where help is closest available. In Australia, I think the first place to contact is High Technology. Their contact information can be found at the below link:

Fagor Automation's commercial network

Hope this helps and good luck !
    Todd