585,662 active members*
3,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0-MD Y axis reference is acting up

Fanuc 0-MD Y axis reference is acting up

I am having a strange problem lately where my machine will home to a different position. The machine is an Eagle Yang SMV-1000 with a fanuc 0-MD controller.
    Every time I home the machine in manual, let's say to inspect a parts, the home postion on the Y axis will shift and controller absolute position gets reset with the new value. If I don't catch it the machine restart and the Y axis is shifted.

I have gone thru the limit switch and even confirmed that the Home limit switch (X17.5) is working well and registering the dog at the same distance every time and it does.

There is something in the reference return steps the machine is doing that I am not understanding. If I try to home the machine several time in a row it will get to a point where the data has shifted too much and after the deceleration it will overshoot and cause an overtravel alarm. I could use some advice!

Re: Fanuc 0-MD Y axis reference is acting up

So a quick follow-up on my problem, it was indeed the home limit switch starting to act up. Playing with the Y axis in manual mode I was watching the X17.5 bit change and the behavior was erratic, a 30$ switch fixed it.

Now I would just like to know if there is a parameter to turn off dog type reference return after the machine was homed on startup. When I program G28 Y0 the table will move in rapid to the home position but when I manually press the Y home buttons it will decelerate when reaching the home dog and basically do a new reference return that will reset machine absolute position if there is any difference.

Re: Fanuc 0-MD Y axis reference is acting up

Please discuss your problem with me at [email protected]