585,763 active members*
4,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OM + hartford VMc 1000 error code 1007...

Fanuc OM + hartford VMc 1000 error code 1007...

Pls, could someone tell me what that error code means, it says on display that
    "1001 STL SW ON"
    "1007 EMG SW STOP ON"
    "1008 NOT READY"
    and I don`t get the machine up and running... This episode started when the whole machine died yestyrday (op screen went totally blank and it didn`t start no matter what... after a while it started again and worken properly for a while but now it stopped and gives those error codes...)

Normally the manual should say a bit more about the error codes, but my guess is:

"1007 EMG SW STOP ON"
    Emergency stop button is pressed

"1001 STL SW ON"
    don't know (SW normally is switch)

"1008 NOT READY"
    Because the other two, machine is not ready

If you unpress the emergency stop, the 1007 will also be on? If so, you can be in trouble.

Alarms 1000 and above are External Alarms. These should be listed in the machine manual, not in the Fanuc manual. STL SW might be Start Lock Switch, but I can't find reference to this switch in the Fanuc 0M manual.

I've attached a section of the maintenance manual. Maybe it will point you in the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files

me too!!!

I have exactly the same error on the same machine, a hartford vmc35 with a fanuc O-M, I had a power wire burn out on the x axis stepper motor, this was repaired by a sparky as i am so far from any techs for these, on start up it just gave the 3 same alarms
    1001 STL SW ON
    1007 EMG STOP SW ON
    1008 NOT READY

If you find your problem let me know, and I will post here as well if i find a solution,.
    TBH I dont even know what STL SW is

more info

1001 stl on = hard o.t. switch on, release o.t.

not sure if that will help you, but I am checking wiring to OT switch

I have just checked and the hard switch on my x axis is faulty, dont have a spare so not 100% sure if this is the only problem.

on the x axis it was the bottom of the 2 switches, they should both be closed (do a continuity check) but the bottom one on mine is open. I hope that helps you, and I also hope it is my only problem, it seems totally coincidental to my earlier problem.

SUCCESS!!!

Yes, It was just the limit switch, I hope for your sake it is the x axis because the y is a %$#^ to get to, although you can check the continuity from the junction box just to the right and below your table.

as the switch is normally closed (there are 2 on each axis a soft and hard limit) there are 2 pair of wires for each axis that you can test continuity on.

If you cant get continuity then flick the switch a few times, on mine this didnt help. I pulled the sitch out, and pulled it apart, there is another microswitch inside the switch case with 3 small springs, 2 springs had collapsed slightly so gave them a small stretch and rechecked the switch, and all was good ( although i will order a new switch)

Put it back together and hey presto, working again!!!

Good luck with your machine

I will check back in to make sure all is ok

Thanks 4 the replies, they were very helpful, and indeed the problem was with the switch, but in op panel, we checked the wiring and solved the problem... Thanks again for help!

Re: Fanuc OM + hartford VMc 1000 error code 1007...

Hello, I have a Hartford VMC-1020 with Fanuc O-MD system, but the PMC ladder diagram is lost. Could you please send me an OE1/OE2 file? Thank you very much!

Email:
    [email protected]