584,861 active members*
4,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Need Help with MultiCAM

Any multicam cnc router users , please reply

i hav some doudts abt the machine

I have had a MC 3000 series for three plus years now. How can I help?

Another Multicam guy here. Mine is about 10 years old (see my sig), and I've had it for about 2 months. Learned a lot of stuff the hard way. Information on these machines is not easy to find.

We don't really have the community the Shopbot guys have, but maybe we can start here...

:cheers:
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

need help

hi

i hav a multicam router , i found your reply to my private messeage in cnczone

my problem is .

when i send a file from enroute to machine, and when i execute it shows " Validating job"
    then it gets hang... i cant run a work on the machine.. its being long iam trying to solve this problem

1. i tried reinstalling enroute and pss software..but still the same prob

my network connection is ok and job file name is been shown in the keypad

2. i tried changing ip address etc........ lots of stuff been tried , but nothing i treid in main board

there is no prob with the cable (its ethernet connection)

Its a multicam 5000 series MULTISPINDLE

Drivers

If your ethernet is OK and you can see the file in the keypad, I would check to see if your driver is correct or if there is a problem in your electrical cabinet, like a damaged processor or your files are too big for the memory on the machine. Have you always had this problem, or did it just start? Is it a used machine? I've never had that problem, but my local service guys are pretty good about getting me going over the phone at NO cost (because they want me to buy their tooling). Do you have access to phone support? Our machine will throw some wierd errors when the shop gets too hot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz View Post
    Another Multicam guy here. Mine is about 10 years old (see my sig), and I've had it for about 2 months. Learned a lot of stuff the hard way. Information on these machines is not easy to find.

We don't really have the community the Shopbot guys have, but maybe we can start here...

I'm all for a Multicam Forum. Are you using Enroute as well?

loyedp- Have you talked to anybody at Multicam about the problem you're having? Did it just stop working one day?

ARHEA- My machine is 10 years old, so I'm using an ancient piece of software called "MX32" over a serial port. The floor is well polished between the PC and the router.

Do these newer machines still use an Extratech controller?

-Jim Hart
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

hi guys

hi

Arhea : Problem started in few months, i remember my operator just was machining some 3d stuff suddendly machine stopped, then onwards he was not able to exexcute machine files.According to his stating, when the machine stopped his pc harddisk was gone.The file size seems to be may be 2kb only so its seems be ok. The machine was ok and was been used well before and also its not so older.

boltz : the software i am using is enroute, and i hav tried to contact people who hav been working in multicam for many years,but not direct to multicam

any way machine seems to be stopped and its costing me huge...
    thanks for ur concern guys

Check to make sure that your computer is not going into hibernation.

Under power settings.
    make sure hard disk is set to never.
    System Standby Never
    Under the Hibernate tab make sure enable hibernation is unchecked.

I run a CNC Department with 3 Multicam's. 4'x8' 5'x10' 5'x20' I was a Tech for Multicam in Dallas for 2 years and have been doing this for 6 yeas, not like a fake distruibitor Tech.
    I do all the repairs of these machines including 3 more machine in the area, and program the machines to run 24/7. I have 5 guys that run these machine non-stop. If you are needing some help fixing machine give me a call. 817-204-8682

i am having an issue with tool comp
    i am ouputting code with alpha cam
    & cabinet vision. i use G41/G42 on tool center.
    the tool comp will not work in the - or the + period.
    i don't think it is in the software be cause it is putting
    the g41 or 42 command. i believe it has something to
    do with machine. any ideas or tests to run?

here is a simple part with g42
    will not change size for me at all.

M90
    G90
    G70
    G75
    G97 S14000
    G00 T3
    G00 Z-1.25
    G00 X2.9585 Y4.25
    M12
    G00 Z-1.
    G42
    G01 X0.4585 Z0.25 F2.083
    G01 X0. F10.
    G03 X-0.25 Y4. I0. J4.
    G01 Y0.
    G03 X0. Y-0.25 I0. J0.
    G01 X4.
    G03 X4.25 Y0. I4. J0.
    G01 Y4.
    G03 X4. Y4.25 I4. J4.
    G01 X0.4585
    G01 X-1.0415 Z-1.
    G40
    G00 Z-1.25
    M22
    G98 P147 D1
    M02

thx
    mike

Need Help with Multicam

Question,

Where are you trying to input your tool comp?

In the Keypad or in your software?

Need Help with Multicam

Let me clarify my earlier answer.

Are you inputting your tool comp, into the keypad menu.

Hit the menu Key
    Goto Utilities
    You will find tool comp.

The problem with using tool comp, some Multicam machines controller software will not recognize the value placed in the keypad or the g code in your program, you might be required to update your controller software, to allow the router to use tool comp.

You will have to contact, your Multicam distributor to get these updated files. they will ask for your SN# and will want to know what version of control software that is loaded into your controller...

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz

Hi
    I am currently working in a school in Launceston using an old multicam series 2. I'm in the process of upgrading to a Mach3, however as you're aware finding any information is near impossible. In particular I would really like to get hold of wiring schematic for our machine, can you please help?

Cheers

you'll be writing the schematic!

Did the machine have an h-board controller? If so,have you pulled it out yet, and do you want to sell it?

Does the machine have steppers or servos, and are you planning on upgrading them?

If you're changing over to mach 3, that means you're doing a pretty major renovation. You'll be pretty much making up a new schematic as you go along. If you don't already know how to do that it'll be a big learning experience. I'd encourage you to start a build log.

good luck!

-Jim Hart

Need Help with Multicam

I think there may be some confusion as to types of Multicam machines, check the weebsites:

CNC Router, CNC Plasma, CNC Laser, CNC Water Jet, CNC Knife Cutter - MultiCam CNC Cutting Solutions out of Dallas, TX

AUS MULTICAM CNC routing machines, woodworking machinery, flat bed routers, engraving tables

These are not the same company, could you verify which machine that you have presently, because I have not heard of a mach2 or mach 3 for a Multicam router.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz
    Did the machine have an h-board controller? If so,have you pulled it out yet, and do you want to sell it?

Does the machine have steppers or servos, and are you planning on upgrading them?

If you're changing over to mach 3, that means you're doing a pretty major renovation. You'll be pretty much making up a new schematic as you go along. If you don't already know how to do that it'll be a big learning experience. I'd encourage you to start a build log.

good luck!

-Jim Hart
    Thanks for the replies gentleman.

The machine is an Australian MultiCAM CNC router and operates using steppers. I have recently visited a company in Sydney that manufactures a retrofit control stack capable of running steppers and servos using Mach3. My layman understanding is that, they'll manufacture the control stack and with their phone support (I live in Tasmania 600mi from Sydney) I will need to bypass the existing control box. Apparently they have did an almost identical retrofit a few months ago.
    I'm trying to find information on this enigma of machine and in particular feedback from similar experiences people may have had with Mach3 & steppers?

I have attached an image of the machine.

Cheers
    Anthony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-1500562253.jpg  

Question Multicam 3000 - servo ERROR

Hi,

I work in a university and we have a Multicam 3000 CNC router. I managed to troubleshoot that one of the two X-servo motors is faulty. When "homing" the machine, the motor turns but bombs out after a few seconds with an error; (Encoder signal problem, confirm motor connection sealed properly. check for visible cable damage).

What could the problem be. I contacted Multicam South Africa and they mentioned that it could be the reduction gearbox.

Help?

Thank you,

Regards..
    Ugan ( South Africa)

Need Help with Multicam

Try these steps 1st.

1. shut down your machine and open your control cabinet.

2. Inside the control cabinets you will see the servo amps that control the servos for X,Y and Z, they are most likely red and black in color, Tecknic drives, maybe Yasawaka.

3. Turn you machine on again and try to find Home again.

4. After it faults out check the servo amp, for a blink code, the drive that faults out will blink a certain number of times, pause and repeat the same blink code.

Let me know that that blink code is being shown.

Page 1 of 3 123