585,605 active members*
3,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi Freqrol FR-SF

Hi Guys,
    I Replaced the power supply (SF-PW) on this spindle drive about 3 months ago and it was working fine for the last 3 months. For the last 2 days the machine would just stop in mid cycle with a spindle controller error on screen. I powered off and back on and it worked for a while. then it stopped working completely.
    The spindle drive LED's are all off . On closer inspection I un-plugged the 3 black therminals from the right side on the back of SF-CA Card. Powered up and all LED's working. I plugged back in the Terminal strips one at a time and it's only when the top one is in that the LED's go out. So the top Therminal strip is pulling the drive down. what can I do ? Should I try and trace where the wires from this strip are going, should I check or look for anything in particular ? I'm attaching a few pics. In the second Picture with the top therminal strip left out it's fine and the front shows whats in picture 4. When I plug in the top Therminal Strip as in picture 3 all the led's go out. The power supply LED goes down with the Card LED's too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg   Fine with just these 2 plugged in.jpg   Top Strip of wires pulling drive down.jpg   Without top therminal strip plugged in.jpg  

It is definitely something connected to that third connector. The power supply has a safety circuit that shuts it down any time it sees a short. Something in the base has been shorted and probably needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by mbpp View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I Replaced the power supply (SF-PW) on this spindle drive about 3 months ago and it was working fine for the last 3 months. For the last 2 days the machine would just stop in mid cycle with a spindle controller error on screen. I powered off and back on and it worked for a while. then it stopped working completely.
    The spindle drive LED's are all off . On closer inspection I un-plugged the 3 black therminals from the right side on the back of SF-CA Card. Powered up and all LED's working. I plugged back in the Terminal strips one at a time and it's only when the top one is in that the LED's go out. So the top Therminal strip is pulling the drive down. what can I do ? Should I try and trace where the wires from this strip are going, should I check or look for anything in particular ? I'm attaching a few pics. In the second Picture with the top therminal strip left out it's fine and the front shows whats in picture 4. When I plug in the top Therminal Strip as in picture 3 all the led's go out. The power supply LED goes down with the Card LED's too.
    Hi there, check for any lose connection or breakage on your cables which is comming or going out from the controller and after all check your capacitators at the back of Spindle controller unit one by one (Be careful and discharge them first).Cheers