584,802 active members*
4,675 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > 5020M Memory Upgrade Pricing

5020M Memory Upgrade Pricing

I have a pair of Cadet 4020s with 5020M controls without DNC B. Both of them have 80 meter memory and I would love to get it up to 320 or so. Has anyone had a quote out of Okuma lately on memory upgrades or any other alternatives?

Last I heard Okuma was not supporting upgradeas on legacy controls.

I'm seeking for solution. It's perspective business in my opinion. Okuma offers bubble memory replacement by (back-up powered) CMOS memory. DNC-B retrofit is available for some machines also.
    I have hope to develop my own device to replace the part of bubble memory. It would be simple, if I had the control in my disposition

Thumbs up

GOSIGER WANTS $7900 FOR DNC-B ON MY MA60

really???

We requested a DNC-B upgrade quote about a month ago and were informed that Okuma is no longer supporting this upgrade.

If some one has a recent account of a DNC-B upgrade please share this information.

Our shop would also be interested in a memory upgrade, assuming we can not get the DNC-B, however it is my sense our distributor is not to excited about offering this service option.

Hate to say it but until some smart-cookie comes up with an alternative solution we are stuck with 80m....which really sucks!!!!

i still cant believe that no one has come up with a simple, cheaper kit then the DNC-8 set up from okuma.. okuma has u by the balls.. whoever invents it will make some cash

Have you talked to Hartwig?
    They are the area support for me, and have been incredibly helpful, even though the only Okuma I have is a 1980 LC10 with OSP3000, that I bought used in 95.... They dont have all the answers as some documentation appears to be missing/hidden/lost for my old machine, but they sure try hard to get them... including putting me in touch with engineers and such to try and figure some things out.

Might be worth a try, if you have talked to them already. Home | Hartwig Inc.

Great people and great service IMHO. I usually start out with a gal named Jackie Gardner and she either gets me what I need or directs me to who I need to speak with.

Wade

Cool

The way I understand it is all 5xxx controls and even some 7xxx are considered end of life and not directly supported.

However, there are a lot of customers that had guarantied trade in value on there Okuma machines. This of course only applies to fully functional machines that an owner wants to trade up on.

If one of these machines comes in with say a DNC-B or memory expansion card they do part it out and sell them as used.

As is a Spindle drive or servo drive for a 5xxx series option was down to pulling your drive and sending it in for a refurb with a likely 90 day turn around time.

This was in late 2008, its possible that now they won't touch them.

When my job went out of the country at the end of 2008 I kinda quit caring about other peoples big iron problems and concentrated on my own shop equipment.