584,861 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Miyano bnc 34t main turret not locking into position

Miyano bnc 34t main turret not locking into position

I have an 86 miyano bnc 34t that has been giving me some problems with the main turret locking into it's station. i have taken the plate off that covers the internals of the locking mechanisms. and ther is a hydraulic cylinder that pulls the locking pin out while the turret indexes, but when the cylinder fully extends it has a bit of a bounce at the full extension and slightly retracts the locking pin making my trurret just a little loose has anybody ever hady this problem is it possible air in the lines, out of adjustment, maybe the change roll pin? any help is appreciated great to find this site

Been a long time since I worked on a Miyano and there's a good chance I'm thinking of the sub turret. If you replace the pin, you should replace its guide bushing also. They are ordered as a matched set. Being an 86 (depending on usage and crashes) there is a good chance its worn. I'd start there.
    Gunner