586,009 active members*
4,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BP axis stutter

We are running a BP series II Interact II w/TNC 145 control. After the machine has been running the x axis starts to stutter and jerk. I would stop and remove the way covers and manually lube the ways and run the table back and forth and it would seem to help. Yesterday it happened and got worse. As I moved the x back and forth the table sat there and shook like the x was trying to overposition its self back and forth. Could this be a tach or encoder issue? I haven't changed any MP since we had to re-enter them all when we got the machine.
    Thanks,

Usually a oscillation is a problem with the tach feedback circuit. First swap motors. If the problem follows the motor, it is the tach in the motor. I know when the tach is getting dirty by putting the machine in a slow feedrate. It should be smooth. Usually I have this problem on machines other than Interacts but with DC motors, And it usually is the cable.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks George, that makes logical sense. I will check the cable connection and then see if the manual has any info on checking the tach.