585,679 active members*
5,042 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Which Horizontal pallet machine????

Hi guys,
    I'm in the market for some new machines we are about to purchase a horizontal 400 pallet machine, looking at Mazak, Mori, Doosan, or OKK. I want a machine that has 14000rpm or higher.
    My question is which of these machines should i look at as a priority and what other machines are worth looking at????
    also who has the best back up in oz????

I currently have 3 Haas mills and not that keen for another one, machine is ok but the backup is not so good since pat left alfex......

We are also going to get a new lathe with live tooling mainly to machine aluminium, what would be the pick of the lathes out there at the moment????

thanks for your help in advance!!!

look at Toyoda FH400

any questions? send me a message or reply

Look at the new Okuma horizontals

Look at the new MB series

In Aus the Okuma backup is fantastic, Mazak backup? Non existent at times! well most times... Might be good machines as far as programming goes but the after sales service is second to everyone else... and then some.
    Okuma horizontals are great machines and very stable.

Depending on the type of work you want to do, Mazak's only for quick job change over (quick programming) but I would agree with broby's comments about the non-existent Mazak backup support.
    Go an Okuma for reliability and support, just upgrade the machine with all the options there are to offer. Swarf management can be an issue with the MA space centres, but I have not seen the newer models (run an '05 MA600HB). :wave:
    From what I have heard the Mori's are awesome, worth looking into!
    Sorry can't comment on the lathes out there...

There is no comparison between Japanese and Taiwanese machines. I'm a big Okuma fan. A few years ago I purchased a Fanuc Robocut from Okuma Australia. The machine has been fantastic but it is the training and service that have made the experience so good. Matthew (Senior Electrical tech.) installed the machine and provided the training. For an extended period of time I spent many hours after work trying different things and honing my skills. On many occasions I would have a problem late into the evening and I would SMS Matt about the issue I was having. Often he would SMS back straight away with a solution. On other occasions he would come out to see what the problem was and provide solutions. Okuma machines too are world class and in fact in many installations in Japan they are "Mother" machines (Machines that are used to machine parts for other machines). I have seen them at one of the Makino Milling Machine Company factories in Japan. Good luck.

I have worked in a shop where we had both Mori and Mazak horizontals from same era..
    And Mazak were sooo much faster then moris everywhere, spindle ramp up, tool change, contouring (moris lagged always when changing direction)..
    Needless to say, parts were made much faster in Mazak..

Can't help you with the other brands as i havent used them..
    And support is important, for both Mazak and Mori it's ok here in Swe though..