584,805 active members*
5,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Cimco Edit 5

Cimco Edit 5

Hi all,
    Does anyone use Cimco edit5 , if so could i ask what is the solid backplot like? What type of tools can it define and plot? How much roughly does it cost?
    What i am looking for is some software to backplot gcode files in solid, as well as standard tools we use cone shaped tools which would need to be supported, also the setting position of ballnose tools, some are set to end and some to centre. These factors all need to be addressed when plotting. Please advise if this software will do the job, or any other good alternatives you know of.
    Thanks Keith.

I use CIMCO Edit V5. The solid backplot is OK if you take the time to set up a tool library but it doesn't handle 4 or 5 axis code at all. I seem to recall that I had trouble getting the software to recognise tools set up on one library/program being used in another program but because of the 4/5 axis restrictions I don't use it at all now.

A colleague used to use NC Sentry (part of the OneCNC package) and that was good.

Cimco Edit 5

Hi, please visit our website (DenkoDizayn CAD/CAM/CAE Çözümleri) to download software to Cimco Edit 5.
    Prices can get detailed information about us

DenkoDesign CAD/CAM/CAE Solution
    DenkoDizayn CAD/CAM/CAE Çözümleri
    [email protected]

Hello

I've been using Cimco Edit 5 to make programs off line for Haas VF and Fanuc OM machines for a little while now.

I do like Cimco for editing NC code off line because you can backplot the NC file, and you can use "macro Templates" to reduce the time it takes to write repetitive code, but the "solid" function seems rather limited to me and I just use the wire frame instead. You can download a 30 day trail of the Cimco Editor off the internet and see how good it works for your use. I was quoted a price between $440-1100 depending on how many bells and whiles you get with it. Sounds like you want do more with Cimco Editor that what it can provide.

Predator CNC Editor many be another software you may want to look at.

VERICUT also make simulation software and I believe this is what Gibbs Cam uses.

If you want a full cam system without spending a lot of cash, I think OneCNC would come out on top some where.

My two cents

gloveob20