585,749 active members*
3,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser cutter power loose problem

Hi,
    I'm using commercial Laser cutter/engraver for 4 years. worked only 280 hours.
    Then suddenly began to cut incorrectly. symptoms are different positions were cut at different depths.
    I changed the mirrors and lenses. I align the laser line. This solved different depths cutting problem. But now, the material used to cut in half power, barely cut at full power.

When I saw laser traces on the calibration paper, they looked me not proper.
    I attach an picture showing mirrors and laser prints, are they correct or something wrong at tube out? If nothing is wrong, why can be power down?

Sorry for misspelled sentences, I use goggle translation.
    Tech details: Machine kaitian C120 laser cutter/engraver 60W china made, metarial I use mostly wood, acrylic, plastic, paper, fabric.
    I used to cut up to 8-12mm plywood but now can not exceed 3mm.

Anyone?

Try to change tube. As I understood you have glass tube. Even you have worked 280 hours in total, tube is 4 years old.
    Gas can dissapeared from tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Birhan View Post
    Hi,
    I'm using commercial Laser cutter/engraver for 4 years. worked only 280 hours.
    Then suddenly began to cut incorrectly. symptoms are different positions were cut at different depths.
    I changed the mirrors and lenses. I align the laser line. This solved different depths cutting problem. But now, the material used to cut in half power, barely cut at full power.

When I saw laser traces on the calibration paper, they looked me not proper.
    I attach an picture showing mirrors and laser prints, are they correct or something wrong at tube out? If nothing is wrong, why can be power down?

Sorry for misspelled sentences, I use goggle translation.
    Tech details: Machine kaitian C120 laser cutter/engraver 60W china made, metarial I use mostly wood, acrylic, plastic, paper, fabric.
    I used to cut up to 8-12mm plywood but now can not exceed 3mm.
    hi,dear.you have done a good job.if the laser machine can not cut the right position ,that is the problem of reflect lens and foucs lens.and other problem is that you don't adjust the light path very well.so it will not straighth.so if you want to clean the lens you should use cotton and ethanol .
    and you said that before you can cut 6 -12 mm plywood and right now can not cut 3mm. for this problem is that your laser tube is bad.Because generally speaking,60w can not used to cut 12mm plywood.if you use it to cut such hard thinckness, the efficency about this laser tube will reduce very quickly.so if you want to cut 6-12mm plywood,i sugget you to use 100w.
    Becuase we are the manufacturer and i also want to help you to solve this problem.
    So now you just need to change a laser new laser tube.and never use it to cut so thick plywood.
    any other problem please let me know.
    also can consider about our 100w laser tube just 1.35m .will good price for you.
    aha
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.

Hi again, thank you for replies.
    After too many trial and error I found the problem.
    Mirror on tube out (I think it's a mirror-bottom right picture, laser out nozzle) is smoked.
    This part is inside of tube and can not be replaced. Then I change tube, now laser point is nearly perfect circle, all cuts straight and cuts better (faster than old tube).

With 60W I can cut 12mm plywood but not all kind playwood. I'm in model plane business and I work with soft woods, mostly balsa and other woods using for modelling.

But it's sad that how can be 280 hour old tube can be junk? I never heard shelf life or something similar for laser tubes. The replacement tube is 4 year old also, I buy it with machine because at that time was very difficult to find a new tube. Two tubes, same age (So can not be shelf life) one of not dead but blind! factory fault maybe?
    Is there a way change internal mirror? (If it is a mirror)

How can cutting tickness affect tube? There is no physical contact between tube and cutting metarial. This interesting detail, I wondered.

Can my hardware drive 100W with out any other changes? Tube V and mA must be different?

I can comment only following:
    1) It's not possible change mirror inside tube.
    2) Check quality of laser water cooling first. This is most common reason why tube could suddenly broken. As I understood you do not have spare tube now?

And 4 years for glass tube (even working 280 hours) - it's perfect result! Usually after 2 years on shelf tube do not work

Quote Originally Posted by Birhan View Post
    Hi again, thank you for replies.
    After too many trial and error I found the problem.
    Mirror on tube out (I think it's a mirror-bottom right picture, laser out nozzle) is smoked.
    This part is inside of tube and can not be replaced. Then I change tube, now laser point is nearly perfect circle, all cuts straight and cuts better (faster than old tube).

With 60W I can cut 12mm plywood but not all kind playwood. I'm in model plane business and I work with soft woods, mostly balsa and other woods using for modelling.

But it's sad that how can be 280 hour old tube can be junk? I never heard shelf life or something similar for laser tubes. The replacement tube is 4 year old also, I buy it with machine because at that time was very difficult to find a new tube. Two tubes, same age (So can not be shelf life) one of not dead but blind! factory fault maybe?
    Is there a way change internal mirror? (If it is a mirror)

How can cutting tickness affect tube? There is no physical contact between tube and cutting metarial. This interesting detail, I wondered.

Can my hardware drive 100W with out any other changes? Tube V and mA must be different?

Very glad to hear that your machine can work well.
    If you buy the machine from China.I can tell our mirror must can suit for you.
    Every machine should have three refelct lens and one focus len.
    And if you want to change your laser tube 80w to 100w,thoes three things you should change.
    1.laser tube
    2.laser supply
    3.laser tube Pipe clamp which use to fix the laser tube.
    If you need all of thoese can contact me
    [email protected]
    http://www.chineselaser.com.cn
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.