585,978 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MACHINING A ROCKER CLAMPS

Hey everybody,

Please check out my you tube video on CNC machining a milling table/fixture plate rocker clamp! Comments welcome.

Cheers
    Gerald
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UWA2LWW4Q"]YouTube- CNC MACHINING OF A ROCKER CLAMP FOR A MILLING MACHINE[/nomedia]

Good video. And no, you're not talking to much, it's nice to hear what's you have going on.

Trenton

Nice Work

Hi Gerald,

Looks like you are having a ton of fun.

I am retired and have a HAAS Toolroom Mill and make parts for the Radio Controlled Model Helicopter/Airplane Hobby.

I too have a bunch a friends that always need that little project done for them.

Keep up the good work.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Thanks for the nice comments gentlemen, nice to know some people have enjoyed the video. Unfortunately haven't been getting much CNC shop time of late so no new video to post, soon I hope !

John, I am envious of your HAAS TM-1P. I hope to put one in my shop at some point when it all starts to make a little cash flow to justify the write off. I think the TM and TL products are excellent choices for a guy in a home shop since they readily use single phase power. Be interested in any comments you might make about the HAAS. I have used the MINI MILLS and SUPER MINI's but no time at all on a TM. Controls are the same the and the HAAS controller is easy to navigate. Feel free to PM me on the HAAS.

Cheers
    Gerald

Clamp Assembly

How are the sides of the clamp fixed to the two steel round parts on each end? I can't see any screws so I assume they are press fit into the holes on the side plates?

Yes they can be held together with a slight press fit pin or if the pin is lose you can use a punch to peen each end to make it tight or you could use a nut and bolt but I like the look of pins over the nut/bolt approach. It is a neat and useful project.

good luck

Nice

Sort of like some of the Lenzkes system clamps Lenzkes Clamping Tools Inc - Christiansburg, VA

Thanks for the reply. So are those steel parts are actually two piece, (collar with a pin through the middle)? I had thought that they were made from one piece of round stock with both ends machined down to fit into the side plate holes.