585,683 active members*
4,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > RFQ Need bolt pattern machined in cast aluminum carriage.

Talking RFQ Need bolt pattern machined in cast aluminum carriage.

Piece #1: Carriage off my gantry that needs the Z axis bolted to. Pictures 2-10 show the carriage. The piece is cast aluminum and is all one piece.
    Picture number 7, clearly shows the face that the new actuator must bolt to. Picture number 6, displays dimensions of overall unit. (it may be hard to fit in a mill, since its large, and a weird shape)
    Picture number 1 shows the gantry, the carriage goes underneath the gantry exposing only the face that the Z axis will bolt to.

Piece #2: 8" K2 z axis actuator.

Picture 11 and 12 show the new actuator (my z axis).
    Picture 13 shows all the information that is required to machine the carriage so i can bolt the new Z axis on.

The Z axis is arriving sometime around the 10th, then i will have more pictures on exactly how i want them to go together. Just center the new axis on the plate. I will have to see if i want both bottom edges flush or if any offset will have to occur. I will for sure take pictures of them double sided taped together just to so everyone can get the picture on how it goes together properly.

I will not be sending the new K2 Z axis in the mail. If you are local i can drop it off to you, but you shouldn't need it with the full drawings supplied to you. I will be bolting the unit together myself.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.
    Thank you!! =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.jpg   6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg  

9.jpg   10.jpg   11.jpg   12.jpg  

13.jpg  

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103291

The link above is to my build thread, if anyone cares to look at the progress I've made, or just wants to know what it looks like.

Hopefully this piece will get me up and going!

slowly but surely!

Thanks

Talking Update. Need done asap.

Here is the new Z axis. I basically need the bolt pattern from the Z axis drilled and tapped into the cast aluminum beige piece. Then i will be able to bolt the 2 together.

Hope that helps and gives some clarity to what i want.

As seen in the second picture, the Z axis actuator is centered in the middle of the beige plate, allowing access to the large and small black circles to the left and the right of it on the beige plate.

Thanks please message me, will box up and ship off asap!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0159.jpg   IMAG0160.jpg   IMAG0161.jpg   IMAG0162.jpg  

IMAG0163.jpg  

http://cnczone.com/forums/attachment...6&d=1273033290

Link above is the the Engineering drawings.

I also attached a picture in the first post.

Sorry for the confusion. I dont need ALL the holes drilled and tapped. I think 8 holes would be more than enough? (or more?) As far as what 8 holes to drill and tap is up to your best judgement. I need that thing to stay on there solid, like white on rice!

Work has been sent off to Montana. Thanks to all that inquired.