584,833 active members*
5,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > Help: Autocad 2000 (Autocad Error aborting)

Help: Autocad 2000 (Autocad Error aborting)

I have Windows Vista installed, all of a sudden when I open autocad and the startup small widow appears and I try to open a existing drawing or new drawing, a window informing fatal error unhandled with a bunch of letters and number comes up and when I click OK the whole program quits,

I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled and it works OK, but a few days later I go to use the program and its got this error again,

has it got something to do with Vista do you think?, and could any member please help?,

..........Edmund.........
    Edmund

I had many problems with "drop outs" until I got rid of Vista. I installed XP-PRO and have not had 1 instance since. I hope "7" is as good as XP-PRO.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD ZASTROW View Post
    I had many problems with "drop outs" until I got rid of Vista. I installed XP-PRO and have not had 1 instance since. I hope "7" is as good as XP-PRO.

Dick Z

Thanks for responding, yes I have XP on another computer and like it very much, I got the vista computer cheap and was told that to install XP would cause a lot of problems,

Today I plugged a usb flash drive with autocad drawings from my XP computer and to my surprise it worked great, but as soon as I took the usb out and tried to open a drawing from the vista files I got the fatal error again,

Do you have any opinion about my scrapping vista and returning to XP?,
    Edmund

That's exactly what I did. In fact, this post is being sent from that same XP-PRO computer.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Fed up with Vista

Richard,
    If I decided to revert my Vista computer over to XP home edition, do I have to clean my hard drive of Vista (should I buy a drive washer) before I load XP or can I just load XP onto the existing hard drive?,

I'm not very computer knowledgeable?,

Will I lose all my personal folders?, how can I save them?,
    Edmund

Edmund, I have to confess, I didn't personally load the XP-PRO. The computer shop where I bought it did it.

I believe they loaded the XP on the hard drive and entered all the settings etc. then erased the Vista.

There are other members here far more knowledgeable than either of us who can jump in here and help you.

I decided to use app.'s rather than figure out the operations going on in the electrons. I'd be like the kid taking alarm clocks apart. Besides, I'd rather spend my time using the appliance rather than tinkering inside it. LOL

Dick Z
    DZASTR