585,987 active members*
4,654 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > need help with "radius of arc not valid" error

need help with "radius of arc not valid" error

Hi

I run a routech 240 CNC router with a NUM 1040 contoller using AlphaCam ver7.0 I was given a plot of points 2" apart along a curved wall to mill some crown for. I digitised it using the points then turned it into a spline and then turned it into a geometry. I programed it using some rough cuts to mill out the waste and then used the "profiled" option to make it to the profile I needed. It worked great on the test I ran.( a single arc) but when I tried to save the digitised curve .pgm it gets to the part where it starts the profile cut and gives me a "Valve of radius of arc not valid" error and won't go any farther to save it. The arcs are created using IJ values. Has anybody seen this before? Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Greg Williams

Whenever I have had this happen it was because the beginning and end points were either to close or to far apart for the radius of the arc to fit between them. Sometimes I redraw the arc in Auto Cad and zoom in tight to the end points and find it is just a hair off...make the change and it works...

Hope this helps.