To follow up on my last thread, I installed 4 solenoid valves for air lines which I plan to trigger with the extra M codes (62-65). I finally got everything wired up today and when I added the M codes to my program, the result was not what I expected.

First I used the just the M code, M62, for instance. The program just hung at the line and waited, the solenoid valve did turn on. I am guessing this is a result of not giving an input to the external completion input. So then I tried to use the corresponding M263 and M264 which is shown the M code table as M62 external relay ON and OFF. These codes don't seem to do anything. I talked to our service tech and he says these relays need to be added to the machine.

My question is what relays are they (make, model) and how would they be wired into the machine? I don't see any free space on the relay board. Also, I am still thinking I'll need to give an input to the external completion somehow? Or is there some other way to do what I want, M62 to turn on the air and M62 again to turn it off? I need to be able to blow for several moves of the machine.