585,712 active members*
4,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

collets for Emco Fi mill

Hi.
    Can anyone tell me what the size of the Fi mill multi -split collets are. I only have one (9-10mm.) at the moment and would like to buy a set. I have seen similar ones at very reasonable prices on UK Ebay, but can only guess that they are probably made in a hurry in China or nearby!! Can anyone reccomend a good reasonably priced make to get hold of? There are no makers name on the one that I have, just the size.
    It would be handy to also know the name of a good supplier for milling cutters in the UK
    Thanks,
    Mike.

collets

Hi,
    I'd expect the emco to be using ER collets, these being pretty much standard in Europe. sizes range from ER 11(0-7) ER 16,(-10), ER20(-13) ER25(-16), BASIC size is major diam. of collet.
    loads of suppliers list them, going rate in UK seems to be about £8 per single collet(VERTEX quality or eq.)try rotagrip or J&l, both have online catalogues.
    Hope this helps,
    John.

Mike,

The collets used by the F1 are ER25. The holders are #30 taper, so a BT30 or CAT30 or ISO30 would fit.

Daniel

I'll only talk about suppliers I know, ( I've used them or have friends who recommend them).

I've bought stuff from ArcEuroTrade. They seem to have a good reputation as a supplier - they stock collets and cutting tools.

Chronos sell the Vertex branded collets. Although far-eastern, this brand has a good reputation, and this supplier is well known. Data sheet declares a 15 micron accuracy in the smaller sizes. They sell milling cutters, but seem to major on the threaded shank kind.

RDG tools sell collets, no brand, but cheaper than the Vertex. They have milling cutters.

I know Rotagrip. They seem to sell the Vertex collets at about £8 a go. Also milling cutters of many kinds and sizes.

If you want higher precision collets, D&J Workholding are importers of Fahrion brand, with 5 micron accuracy. Fabulous stuff for serious, but not silly money. Or higher precision still, at silly money.

Wilfrid