I would just like to say. EXELLANT STUFF and thank you to hobby cnc. I have just purchased a hobby cnc drive board and I’m very pleased with the goods. It arrived in about 5 days to the UK. I am a complete novice at this. I laid out the stuff and started to build. It took me about two hours up to the testing. When I did the 1st voltage test I got 10.5 volts. Well something’s wrong so first things first I went over the solder joints. Done the test again and still 10.5V, it should be 5V to 5.2V. So carefully going through all the parts I had noticed that I had two resistors in the wrong holes. R1 should have been where R12 was. So I swapped them over. Great stuff 5V just what it said. Next the chips and then setting the voltage for each drive. I had purchased of eBay Astrosyn 5V 5ohms 1Amp 1.8deg motors T163. These were old stock. The spec sheet says (holding torque 5 Kg-cm, with two phases excited at 1A/phase and dent torque nominal 220g-cm). Can anyone explain this? I have set this to 1A=.18VDC.
When I bought the motors I lost the data sheet so I tried to wire up. No joy. Chip started to get warm so I stopped emailed the company and they sent the sheet with the wiring details. Well I connected all motors and run Kcam. IT WORKED. I was over the moon. In Kcam there are some examples so I ran one. I don’t know if the motors were turning the right way but it’s a start. Next connect it a to my router bot. I must say that the board was so easy.
:banana: