584,879 active members*
4,965 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question power set settings

my fanuc oi MC control has a power set screen. On this screen you are supposed to be able to set power limits for each tool. If the power exceeds the limit it is supposed to shut down the feed or shut down the feed and spindle. I have set tools to 1 percent , took heavy cuts and nothing shuts down. Is there a parameter which must be set to allow this feature to work?

Tool load monitoring

Standard tool load monitor automatically takes avoiding action when load exceeds the specified limit, to avoid costly tool breakage.

http://www.fadal.com/products/vertic...nuc-0i-mc.html

Also check out G51.2 Tool Load Compensation command. (I've never used it because the programs also need to run on Fadals which cannot support the command.)

I'm more familiar with the 88HS control.
    Safety - Quality - Production.

Thanks Paul, The problem I have is that it does not work. I have set the limits very low, took heavy cuts which exceed the set limits and still nothing happens. It should shut down the feed (avoiding action) but it does not. Am I missing something like a parameter setting to enable this feature?

I believe that the G51.2 command is a Fadal control tool load comp code. Since you have the Fanuc control, I belive that there is a parameter to activate that function. I would suggest that you contact the Fanuc Tech hone line. They can tell you the true scoop.

Neal

Hi Neal, thanks for replying. I talked to fanuc and they dont know anything about it. They told me it must be some third party software and it was a fadal thing. I called fadal and they seemed to know even less and they told me it was a fanuc thing.

I'm sorry that Fadal couldn't give you any info. Since MAG Maintenance Tech let me go I no longer have the resources to research this out for you. Perhaps someone on this board has enough experience with this function to help you out.

Neal