585,690 active members*
4,863 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Rapid speed parameter in a ES-L6 with OSP U10L?

Rapid speed parameter in a ES-L6 with OSP U10L?

Hey all,

I have searched and searched through the manuals, the parameter lists in the manuals, online, here, there, everywhere. I cannot find the parameter to change the turret rapid speed in my ES-L6. I know my LB-15 and Cadet both have it right there with jog speed on one of the first pages in Parameters. Where the heck is it on this ES-L6? Thanks!

what about G50 F1000?

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was to determine max spindle speed? I went to try it out, but unfortunately, I think the main transformer in the machine burnt out again. The controller won't come on, and I have a 24v fault light. Just replaced the darn thing too and it worked fine the few times I turned it on since, no alarms. Thought it was maybe one of the guys hooked the darn chip conveyor into the wrong plug-in, but now I think it's something else. Ah well, I appreciate the input!

as long as i know, nothing parameter for using increase or decrease to rapid moving axis.
    only use manual jog and pulse handle.

regards,

stupidboy

I thought that was to determine max spindle speed
    sure, the line
    G50 S400 sets the spindle speed limit. This I use often, this works well.
    I don't remember exactly, just suggest to try. Sorry, the axis definition must be in the line:
    G50 Z F1000
    this line is incorrect, sure, just a suggestion. You can check the manual.
    I guess, there is a parameter on U10. Or, maybe, there is system variable to limit rapid feederate. I am lazy to read manual on Saturday. Tell me, why You need it?
    transformer in the machine burnt out again
    the wiring is really wrong. Check according diagram supplied. I have never seen the main transformer damaged. It has thermo sensor as usual. Not so easy to overheat.

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. After transformer was replaced the machine worked fine, wiring was correct. I believe it was someone accidentally hooked the wiring up incorrectly, then electrician corrected it, but transformer was gone by then. Anyway, the machine worked fine after it was replaced. But then last week, I tried several times to turn it on, the main power came on, but controller wouldn't come on. Showed that 24V fault light in cabinet. Had the electrician come in this morning, he turned the machine on, and what do you know, the controller comes on just fine I don't know, maybe something about to go out but hasn't yet, maybe environment, room is climate controlled though. As far as the rapid speed goes, I just don't like to push my machine's rapid moves as hard as possible, i like to ease up a little, that's all. Anyway, I appreciate your suggestions, believe me, I just didn't know that it might be possible to control the rapid move with a G code Something to try out now that it's up and running again. Thanks!

it might be possible to control the rapid move with a G code
    it is not G50, sure (I have checked). According Japanese way of thinking, there is no possibility to set feederate limit by G code. Maybe parameters.
    Look in the manual BEL-014-R1 (OSP operation manual) P-234, section 5 "data input/ output operation" chapter 3-3 "input/ output data format of setting data"
    There are listed:
    system parameter, Data ID P3, data #5 (I), data #6 (J), data #7 (K) are respectively:
    NC turret rapid traverse rate; NC turret manual feederate; NC turret deceleration time. there is N12: Rapid feederate unit amount, N13: rapid feederate acceleration/ deceleration unit amount
    maybe it helps?
    added 2010-05-18: these parameters are not accessible from OSP as regular. You can modify the relevant parameter file and then load the parameters from file.