585,975 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Can the plastic overlay that covers the keys on the keyboard be replaced?

Can the plastic overlay that covers the keys on the keyboard be replaced?

One of my okuma's has a few keys that the plastic is starting to wear out on. Is there a way to replace the plastic overlay that covers the keys without replacing the whole keypad? The machine is an 05 mcv4020 with the osp100e control. The keys that I'm worried about are the two jog keys. The plastic isn't that bad yet but I don't want to wait until it's too late and the keys underneath stop working. The rest of the keys are fine but these two get used a lot. I'm gentile with the keys, but some of the other guys at the shop don't seem to realize some things are fragile and must be used with care. I think most of the wear is coming from dirty fingers and fingernails. I was also thinking about replacing the whole key with something more durable instead of the membrane key but I've never had the control panel apart and don't really know if it's possible. What do you guys think?

a lot of solutions actually. I will tell You what I did. The advertisement companies use a plastic sheet to have sticky letters. There are weather proof and water proof and even erosion proof printable plastics. You can print necessary markings on the sheet. It's sticky. You can cover it with another protective transparent film.
    You can search here, it was discussed some time ago.
    good luck