584,850 active members*
4,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 4Th axis not rotating like I want. Simple cut, can someone help?

4Th axis not rotating like I want. Simple cut, can someone help?

I am building a tube bending die, on my 4th axis Matsuura mill. I cannot get the part to rotate, in the "A" axis, (Parrelell to X axis, mounted on the right side). I want the endmill to rough out and finish mill, while the 4th rotates, continuisly while the Endmill will basicly just stay on center in the Y axis and just keep moving down, and then back up to other side while the 4th is rotating. All I can get the Cam software to do is rotate like 2 degrees then the endmill wants to go down and sink in the part and come up the other side, then keep doing the same action. I want a continuas rotation of the 4th, not a bunch of movements of 2 degrees then cut, then repeat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by blakemachine View Post
    I am building a tube bending die, on my 4th axis Matsuura mill. I cannot get the part to rotate, in the "A" axis, (Parrelell to X axis, mounted on the right side). I want the endmill to rough out and finish mill, while the 4th rotates, continuisly while the Endmill will basicly just stay on center in the Y axis and just keep moving down, and then back up to other side while the 4th is rotating. All I can get the Cam software to do is rotate like 2 degrees then the endmill wants to go down and sink in the part and come up the other side, then keep doing the same action. I want a continuas rotation of the 4th, not a bunch of movements of 2 degrees then cut, then repeat.
    Why you don't use lathe program,i think it better for your part.

Rotate all your geometry 180 deg around the X axis to get the tool to come from the top
    ( I think it wants to go to the mid-point of the solid, but don't quote me on that )

In your operation
    - use center point ON and pick the origin when asked when you regen , this makes the tool axis point at the center line....Try to use a "Lead" on the tool to stop using the point of the ball, say +20°
    - turn Filter ON, it will filter out tiny moves