584,833 active members*
5,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > In need of a 2Axis 1A stepper drive ~24-36v

In need of a 2Axis 1A stepper drive ~24-36v

I know there are a lot of these floating around but I am looking for a low power stepper driver and i'm on the fence to build my own or use an over the counter product.

I only need two axis for my current project and i don't see moving the driver to another application so the third axis would not be needed.

I do have a hobby cnc pro board running my existing mill which is working well and i have considered going with the EZ driver version for this application but with such low requirements I wasn't sure if there was a less expensive way about it.

Even an existing three axis board with one axis blow out would be perfect for me but not sure how to go about trying to source that on here.

As the subject says, I only need 2 axis, 1A and around 24-36V. Step and direction inputs.

I was considering 2 of the easy Driver on sparkfun.c_m for $15.00 each but they lack a little in voltage (30v max) and current (750 max) so it would not be ideal.

Just looking for some thoughts and help on the hunt.

A kit like the Linistepper or SLAm stepper would split the difference between building your own from scratch and buying a pre-made one. Both are in that power and price range.

Yep, the easydriver board is woefully inadequate. The steppers stall at the slightest drag so still looking. Still trying to find a cheap solution my ideal would be around $30ish

Quote Originally Posted by rkremser View Post
    Yep, the easydriver board is woefully inadequate. The steppers stall at the slightest drag so still looking. Still trying to find a cheap solution my ideal would be around $30ish
    Cough... /Linistepper/ Cough...

Yep I know, Just looking for maybe another opinion, Its easy to support your own products . I"l give ya a chance though, sell me on your unipolar driver

lets say the Hobby cnc ez driver board $64 for three axis, up to 36v and 3A
    Vs.
    the SLAm stepper which would end up being ~$80 for two axis, 40V and 3A

Quote Originally Posted by rkremser View Post
    Yep I know, Just looking for maybe another opinion, Its easy to support your own products . I"l give ya a chance though, sell me on your unipolar driver

lets say the Hobby cnc ez driver board $64 for three axis, up to 36v and 3A
    Vs.
    the SLAm stepper which would end up being ~$80 for two axis, 40V and 3A
    check here for different driver
    http://www.kelinginc.net/KLDriver.html