585,668 active members*
4,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Hawk km5p mill servos not booting

Hurco Hawk km5p mill servos not booting

Need help with Hurco Hawk km5p cnc mill. We purchased it with the idea that it was a working machine but now on our shop floor the servos will not start. The screen indicates that the servos are not powering up. There are no lights on the servo drive boards. We are not sure where to start and have no schematics and no operator manuals.

Thanks for any direction to help us start troubleshooting.

Keith

Check the fuses on the servo chassis. There is a rectifier on the servo dynamic chassis that may have gone pop.
    It may have the rectifier assembly with four metal rectifiers. Either way, it's easy to check if the voltage is getting from the fuses.

Is this your first Hurco? They boot up kinda funny. If it is, post back.

The two fuses are OK. We get power to the rectifiers. Should I read any voltage on the other end of the rectifiers. I read no voltage on the other end at all.

Thank You
    Dmitri

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Is this your first Hurco? They boot up kinda funny. If it is, post back.
    It is our second Hurco but we got them at the same time and have only a little experience with the first one. Thanks

You should be getting a DC voltage out of the rectifiers to supply the big capacitor and the servo cards.

Bloke,
    Thank you very much for your input!
    I am taking rectifiers out and will test them to see wich one is bad.

Dmitri

Quote Originally Posted by thespindoc View Post
    It is our second Hurco but we got them at the same time and have only a little experience with the first one. Thanks
    Just checking. Gota always check the simple stuff. Can't tell you how many times i've been called out to shops in the past for a ESTOP condition that the customers swear the buttons are released, to find the one not released.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Just checking. Gota always check the simple stuff. Can't tell you how many times i've been called out to shops in the past for a ESTOP condition that the customers swear the buttons are released, to find the one not released.
    I have definitely been caught in that one and the one with the chuck clamp not on as well! This time thought the control is warning us that the servos are not on plus we now know that there is no power at the servo power supply. I wish it was a simple thing so will double check the estop!

Thanks