585,676 active members*
4,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 9.1 graphics problem

9.1 graphics problem

hello everyone.
    i'm new to mastercam and was convinced by a coworker to try it.
    my coworker and i have the same computer and have mastercam 9 in it. when i start drawing my geometry, it does not show on the screen until i finish drawing it. ie circles and rectangles, etc., after clicking first pt of geometry, i drag cursor to second pt and i just see occassional specks of the geometry until i click to second pt. after that then i see what i was drawing. i've seen my coworker use this program and it doesn't do that. i've gone through the help section and doesn't really give much "help". i've enabled open GL in the utilities and also in my video card. i've changed my resolution, hardware acceleration, compression and nothing works.. open GL helped but miniscule. i really like this program and would be useful. i would appreciate any help u guys could give me.

What type of video card?

It's probably your video card/drivers. Right click on your desk top and click properties. The go to the 'Settings' tab and click the 'advanced' button. Click the 'troubleshoot' tab and turn your hardware acceleration all the way down on the slide - intially, turn it to none ... if this fixes your problem, then you can go back to the slide and keep bumping it up until it's as high as it will get w/o the visual problems. Tell your boss to get the IT guys in there with a better video card!

nVidia GeForce2 MX, nVidia GeForce2 MX 200 and nVidia GeForce2 MX 400 will cause this problem on recent windows versions.

No problems have been reported with the nVidia GeForce4 MX series of chipsets. nVidia's MX lines are low-end chipsets and are not recommended for advanced 3D applications such as Mastercam. nVidia's other GeForce chipsets, as well as the more expensive Quadro line is recommended.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

got an ati 9600 radeon 128 mb ddr. got 1 gb ddr ram. have adjusted hardware acceleration but not all the way down. will try that. new drivers don't apply to needs. will keep looking for other drivers though. thanks

If it's a ATI Radeon card, then that's your problem. I think the most recent drivers from ATI have fixed the visual glitches in Mastercam (or you can just turn down the hardware acceleration till they go away).

Quote Originally Posted by gustilo
    got an ati 9600 radeon 128 mb ddr. got 1 gb ddr ram. have adjusted hardware acceleration but not all the way down. will try that. new drivers don't apply to needs. will keep looking for other drivers though. thanks