584,837 active members*
5,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Sabre 750 axis drive fault

Sabre 750 axis drive fault

I picked up a September 1990 build date Sabre 750 with the Acramatic 850 control and red cap motors. I just got it wired up yesterday, got it fired up and started playing with it. Got the Axis not aligned alarm, so ran the alignment cycle a couple times but it never aligned. Realized the X limit switch was stuck, so I pulled the way covers back and jogged the x to where I could clean and unstick the switch. Cleaned the crap out from under the x, then figured while I was at it clean the Y as well. Did all this no problem, jogging both axis around as needed without issue. Once I finished the Y, I moved the Z up toward the upper limit. This is when things got weird. I hit the Z limit switch, and immediately I got the Z limit alarm (of course) as well as 18530 'x axis drive fault' and 15330 'x,y or z axis fault'

I was able to get Z to come down off the limit switch by pressing 'Data Reset' then selecting the z axis and holding 'powerfeed -' and 'master start'. I was hoping that would alleviate whatever it was that I angered, but no such luck. The X axis fault still persists. I've cycled and reset a number of times, jiggling cables and moving things around trying to get it to cooperate, but again no luck. AND, as of the last two powerups, the Z axis has decided to start moving down of it's own accord on startup until the X axis drive faults out, and everything shuts down.

I don't have manuals yet, so everything is based off what I've found online, so here I am, asking for help. Suggestions? Experiences? Recommendations? I'll be grateful for any and all help anyone can offer at this point
    Last edited by BParker2; 02-12-2019 at 07:37 PM.