585,888 active members*
4,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Renishaw touch trigger probe question

Renishaw touch trigger probe question

What software are you using to program your probe? I'm tired of typing CALL O9810 PX= PY= PZ= PF=
    O9811 PZ= PE= PF=
    etc etc etc.

We've got 1 RMP60 and are going to add another to our MA-500

Any critiques of software would be appreciated

Anyone know if it is possible to write a post for MasterCam that will output correct code? Even if you have to edit in address if it would just put out the basic code I'd be happy.

I spent 7 hrs typing in calls today I am going to start getting pricing and approach the company manager about it. We have a back log in quality anyway so I'm hoping to sell the idea.

Thanks
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

We are actually playing with PCdimis to do a in machine part inspection. Big money software though. It actually builds the post for the probe and sends it to the machine. It's like real time inspection, over my head. I just do the interface of the probes.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    We are actually playing with PCdimis to do a in machine part inspection. Big money software though. It actually builds the post for the probe and sends it to the machine. It's like real time inspection, over my head. I just do the interface of the probes.
    Our QA uses PCdimis for the CMM, wonder if it can be purchased as an add on. I'll check into that. Thanks
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Probing on Okuma mill to adust B axis rotaion problem

On a MX50 Okuma horizontal mill. I have a renashaw touch probe and was wondering how get values off personal page and change them into vc#. Touch off on z axis in two spots. With the z dimensions you minus them from each other divide by 2 divide by the length leg opposite X sine equals your rotation. Adjust rotation on b axis. I do a lot of castings that are not flat use the probe to adjust angle. formula would be A minus a=Aa divided 2= divided by leg opposite =sine of answer. I would probally write it like this vc1-vc2= answer /2 =answer / leg opposite =sine of answer. Then move values to offsets or vc#. It would be greatly appeciated for any suggestions you might have.