586,011 active members*
4,466 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

help with ls3020

laserscript 3020
    hi does anyone have this model.
    Mine arrived yesterday have set it all up tested laser etc.
    but when i try and set coordinates it starts in a different place.

It has a a4 bed size and i want it to start at top left corner.
    does anyone know how to set it please.
    i had a laser 18months ago and had same problems got very frustrated and sold it. i really want to use this one.

i would be glad of any help as the setting in newlydraw are confussing.

Thanks

michelle
    UK

Hi Michelle

I suggest you to expend some time reading this post... http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41790 .... and wait for a help from zax15uk, a member and friendly of this forum. I named him a pope in newlydraw software....

hi

Where is the laser starting at the moment?
    In the newlydraw settings there should be an option to start from either the top left or top right or bottom left etc.

When this is correct you can set the starting position (x and Y)

Also when you set the starting position of the laser you should do it twice, once on the main setup screens and once on the screen that pops up when you select "engrave"

(sorry I am saying this from memory as I dont have the software in front of me)
    rabbit / ls3040

Quote Originally Posted by geekinesis View Post
    hi

Where is the laser starting at the moment?
    In the newlydraw settings there should be an option to start from either the top left or top right or bottom left etc.

When this is correct you can set the starting position (x and Y)

Also when you set the starting position of the laser you should do it twice, once on the main setup screens and once on the screen that pops up when you select "engrave"

(sorry I am saying this from memory as I dont have the software in front of me)
    hI
    I set the machine to start at top left, by selecting the first setting out of 8, I set page size to 308W x 220H and also put these in the x y settings on the engrave page pop up.
    I also tried to manual set it with arrow keys and pressed engrave but it just shot off in a different direction again.
    the manual is not very clear. The company i got it from said they could come and show me for a fee, but i think ill try a little longer first as it cost so much i really dont want to pay out again just yet. i am normally quiet good with things like this but i am so confussed with these settings.
    When i press the top left button to set xy it goes to bottom left, do the chinese put things back to front, so maybe bottom left is really topleft.
    This stupid laser just will not do what i want it to do.

i will also read the links that i was sent in a seperate reply

Hi shellglen69, you need to select the top right XY setting on the device setup tab and position mode 'XY at TopLeft'. This will make the machine work the way you expect, and is then easy to operate and get your job positioned correctly.

The XY settings on the engrave screen are where you select the job start position, so do not put 308, 220 there or it will shoot off the table. Leave them at 0,0 for the job top left corner to start in the very top left of the machine. This is ok if you have the TopLeftX, TopLeftY, Width and Height settings correct.

If you want to offset the job just enter values and click To XY and the head will move to those coordinates so you can confirm correct location, then when you start the job it will begin at that location.

Zax.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newlydraw_device_modified.jpg