585,722 active members*
4,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Help needed

Help needed

Hi.
    I posted this on the Alibre forum but had no response, may be no one can understand what I mean(not the first time). So I'll try here, then!!!!!!!!!!.

I am sure there is a way to do what I want. I just do not seem to be able to work it out.
    What I am doing is in Mastercam, I will draw ( in 2D ) my part, the fixture and clamps witch all can be dragged and moved about with ease to suite the tool paths that I need.
    One of the things that I have got Alibre for is to help with the dwg packets on the shop floor, ie; dimensions and 3D views. So far what I am doing is;
    2D drawing in Mastercam, Say just the fixture. A rectangle with various threaded and c-bored holes.

Save as a DWG.
    Alibre home use import.
    Save as xxxxxx.AD_DRW
    Pick select tool.
    Window pick the fixture.
    Pick copy.
    Open new part.
    Pick a plane.
    Pick 2D sketch.
    Pick paste
    Save as xxxxxx.AD_PRT.

If I then extrude the sketch it just has holes through and I can see no way to edit them as threaded or counter bored ect;
    If I cerate a new plane behind the original plane, sketch a box the size of the fixture and extrude it, there seems to be no way to then use the positions of the holes on the original sketch to use with the hole command,
    I do not want to have to check every hole position and then input it, could just put the dim in M-cam.
    Hope there is some way, thanks in advance.
    Forrey.

You can draw holes in the new sketch and align them to the corresponding features (holes) in the mastercam imported entity using the concentric constraint. I think that is what you trying to accomplish.

Joe

Hi Jo
    Thanks for the reply, been super busy, work and sold my house looking for a new one now. I will try what you say.
    Thanks once more.
    Forrey.