585,930 active members*
3,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > No Interrupt alarm on 2001 Haas Mini Mill?

No Interrupt alarm on 2001 Haas Mini Mill?

Have a 2001 Mini Mill that is getting a " No Interrupt " alarm. System shuts down and the control panel is locked. Nothing responds. Have to power down to reset. Manual only says "electronics fault" I got in the cabinet and made sure all the fans were running and nothing looks fried. It will run for a week with no issues and then it throws this alarm. Anybody out there had this happen? What did it end up being?

Thanks,
    Jason

Your problem is very likely a problem with Either the low volt power supply that supplies power to the main processor and Mocon PCB - or it is more probably just a bad connection.
    Turn Machine off and isolate power.
    Open the electrical cabinet.
    Look at top left of cabinet.
    You should see three pcbs in a stack.
    Look at the bottom right hand side of each PCB.
    You should see a 4 or 5 pin white plug on all three pcbs.
    Unplug each one and plug it back in.
    The three cables you just unplugged and then plugged back in - they supply power to the processor/mocon, the other end of these cables plug into the PCB near the top right side of the cabinet (it has three or four circuit breakers on it , 'maintransformer' 'coolant' 'solonoids')
    Follow the three cables from the processor area and find where they plug in.
    When you find where they plug in just unplug each one and plug back in.
    This should have fixed your problem.
    If it has then your problem will eventually come back in a few months or so. You will need to order a new set of three cables from your HFo.
    If this does not fix your problem then you should replace your low volt power supply.
    Hope this helps.

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed reply. I will give that a try. Hoping it is just the cables as you were saying it might be. Thanks again.

J

If I touch the keypad directly and give the machine a static electricity shock, my machine freezes up and I have to shut down and restart. I have a habit of touching the bottom of the cabinet before the keys now.
    I don't get an alarm though, it just freezes everything up.

Do you have USB on your machine? I'm guessing you do. What year of manufacture is your machine?
    You could try running an earth wire from chassis on your control, to the main earth in the control cabinet?
    If this does not work then i would suggest you need a new keypad interface Pcb which is pretty much the only PCB inside the control pendant.

hope this helps

I got the same error on VF-0E, so re-check white plug on 3 MCB boards. It's working ok right now.

Many thanks!