585,763 active members*
3,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MachMotion

MachMotion

Only one thread from 2008 on MachMotion, and no replies. www.machmotion.com

Anyone have experience good, bad, or indifferent?

They seem to provide a quality product Mach based, reasonable prices, etc. However, I would prefer hearing first hand reports.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's_Not_Here View Post
    Only one thread from 2008 on MachMotion, and no replies. www.machmotion.com

Anyone have experience good, bad, or indifferent?

They seem to provide a quality product Mach based, reasonable prices, etc. However, I would prefer hearing first hand reports.

D
    I will be trying them ,I just ordered some drives and a breakout board for a Boss 5 upgrade . I will post when I get it up and running .

flyer5,

I will be waiting to read your feedback.

Thanks!

D

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's_Not_Here View Post
    flyer5,

I will be waiting to read your feedback.

Thanks!

D
    So far it seems like a nice system . I am only using there B.O. Board & Stepper drives .My own computer and there PCI parallel card .I had a little trouble going through all the documentation that is required for a installation like this ,all of which was my fault and there is a lot to go through . Mach Motion was very patient and helpful with what they could do over the phone . In the end I just had a mix up with the ports which after I walked away for a few hrs of doing something else I had a eureka moment . It is up and running for right now I am just using the stock Bridgeport step mtrs . I did get 1 new one from Mach Motion which I plan on installing on my Z axis or just have it ready to keep for a spare . I will get pics of the install after I get the cabinets finished .The nice thing about having issues on install is I now know more about how this thing works in more detail .
    Dave

I have emailed them for quotation but did not get the reply
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    I have emailed them for quotation but did not get the reply
    I would say give them a call . I was able to find everything I needed on their website after speaking with them on the phone .The mach 3 control is very impressive for the price and seem to work well with mach motion .At first I though there BO board was a little pricey but after figuring everything out it was worth it . Dave

Update on the Mach Motion Stepper drives . I have no experience really with anyone elses except the standard boss 5 hardware that was in the mill then converted to Mach 3 . I like the fact that there are no other power supplys (except the 24v for the BOB )needed for the drives . So far they have been working great even with the old stepper motors . There are a few follow up things I need to work out but they are minor and I believe no fault of Mach Motion . They seem like a very helpful company . I will get some pics of the conversion shortly I still need to finish some items . Dave

Quote Originally Posted by flyer5 View Post
    I would say give them a call . I was able to find everything I needed on their website after speaking with them on the phone .The mach 3 control is very impressive for the price and seem to work well with mach motion .At first I though there BO board was a little pricey but after figuring everything out it was worth it . Dave
    If you note the poster's location... That is a serious long distance call. It might also be a factor in why they did not reply. Some companies just don't want to deal with export compliance and customs.