584,812 active members*
5,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Sign Foam Board

Hi,

I've been making signs for a few years now, and I'm in the process of building my first CNC machine. I'm hoping it'll be done in a week or two, which brings me to this question.

Is there sign foam board sold that has a colored outer core and a white inner core? I have a gig to make signs for a golf course, nothing fancy, but they want green and white signs. I'm thinking this would be a huge time saver if I used a v carved look. No painting.... tada! :banana:

Has anyone ever worked or found something like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wouldn't you be much better off buying a vinyl cutter and just apply green cut vinyl to white PVC foamboard?

Quote Originally Posted by KnotsAboutWood View Post
    Hi,

I've been making signs for a few years now, and I'm in the process of building my first CNC machine. I'm hoping it'll be done in a week or two, which brings me to this question.

Is there sign foam board sold that has a colored outer core and a white inner core? I have a gig to make signs for a golf course, nothing fancy, but they want green and white signs. I'm thinking this would be a huge time saver if I used a v carved look. No painting.... tada! :banana:

Has anyone ever worked or found something like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Paint the board the color you want first, then use a vinyl film to cover it. Then cut. Then paint the revealed core in the core color you want, then peel back the vinyl to reveal the surface color again. The vinyl is cut at the same time as the sign, and acts as a mask for the second coat.

Re: Sign Foam Board

Found this on youtube a little while ago. Great Video!

https://youtu.be/p3lY1N4XQwY