585,727 active members*
4,154 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Need help trying to get rid of a machine, part out value??

Need help trying to get rid of a machine, part out value??

My buddy and me bought a CNC Mill about 2 years ago. Our intent was to make a product we came up with. We never really had the time to commit to it.

We are trying to get rid of the mill but having trouble selling. I was thinking of parting it out. What do you think we could get parting it out???. It has servos on it.

Here is the description:
    RACER TECH CNC BED TYPE VERTICAL MILLING MACHINE New 1996, S/N 230-96 EQUIPPED WITH: Megatronic CA-2000 PC Based CNC Control, Menu Driven Programming, Color CRT, Manual Pulse Generator, Keyboard, Power Draw Bar, 3-1/2" Floppy Disk Drive, Coolant System. CATALOGUE SPECIFICATIONS: X Travel (Longitudinal)............................... 32" Y Travel (Cross)...................................... 16" Z Travel (Vertical)................................... 24" Table Working Surface................................. 50"x10" Table Work Load Capacity.............................. 500 LBS Spindle Horsepower.................................... 2 HP Spindle Speeds........................................ 50-4200 RPM Spindle Taper......................................... 40 Taper Feed Rates,........................................... 0.1 to 200 IPM Approximate Dimensions................................ 48" x 68" Approximate Height.................................... 102" Approximate Weight.................................... 3,925 LBS This mill is in my garage and comes with a 7.5hp CNC Balanced rotary phase converter to run it on 2 phase. Full tooling package, include, collet holders, end mill holders, clamp kit, 123 blocks, vices and etc.. Full manuals on everything, including the servos and all electronics associated with this mill.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  

Question

Mgb1974,

What city and state is the machine located?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Matt

Does it work? Can we come by to see it? How much are you asking for it "all in"?

It is 100% functional. Just having heck of a time selling it. It is a nice smooth running machine. I am able to show it running.

We have about $12k into the whole setup. At this point we are open to offers or trades.

Any idea??