585,927 active members*
3,535 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc O-TT cycle start not working?

Fanuc O-TT cycle start not working?

Hi there,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to diagnose if a cycle start button is broken, or maybe if I have unwittingly disabled it - is that possible?All interlocks are in place.
    It was working earlier but now whenever I put a command in MDI and press the cycle start button the code just stays on the screen and does nothing. Is there a diagnostic number i can check to see if the switch is making?
    Any help would be really appreciated, I have only just bought the machine and have a deadline of monday on some work, so am desperate to get it going.
    Thanks
    Bry

hi m8

please check the ladder diagram and try to find with the help of electrical book the equation for cycle start button.

u will find in ladder the equation for cyle start and u will see there that one or 2 contacts in this euqation are not open/close.

u will see that the line should be green ,if not u have to find the adress that is not made eg.R205.3 or X12.4 etc.

than u go to the electrical book and check who is this signal(a sensor,a limit switch,a door sensor,a clamping sensor etc.)

the idea is that the command for cycle start contain in it equation all these confirmations from sensors or limit switches if 1 or 2 from them are not confirmed cycle start will not start.

so try to find why is not starting u have something not close.

GOOD LUCK!
    ps:if u dont know how to check put here the electrical book(scanned) and we try to help u

fixed

Thanks mate, all fixed turns out someone has disconnected the some lube for transportation and so the start button wouldnt work, there was no warning on the screen, but is all good now. thanks for your help. just gotta figure out why the tool geometry not working now.Bry