585,692 active members*
4,217 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Any basic how to videos for the Haas controller?

Any basic how to videos for the Haas controller?

So our first CNC mill in our shop is up and running. A 2005 TM-1. Its been 12+ yrs since I set up and ran a VF2. It is coming back to me slowly. Any chance there are some training videos out there on setting up and running the basic Haas system? Like setting offsets, going though the menus, Quick code etc. ?

Mark
    2005 Haas TM-1, 4th HRT160 - OneCNC XR4 Pro w/4th - Alibre Design Expert
    Metal-tech 4x4 - www.metaltech4x4.com

We are thinking about buying a Haas mill. I am interested to see what results are of this thread.

Videos

Quote Originally Posted by helocat View Post
    So our first CNC mill in our shop is up and running. A 2005 TM-1. Its been 12+ yrs since I set up and ran a VF2. It is coming back to me slowly. Any chance there are some training videos out there on setting up and running the basic Haas system? Like setting offsets, going though the menus, Quick code etc. ?

Mark
    Here are some:

http://www.haascnc.com/videos/index.asp

Haas_Apps, thank you for the links. I have seen them. I am looking for something with basic use and set up. The 2001 TM2 sales video does a good job explaining the differences in knee mill conversion vrs. TM2 but nothing on how to set up and run the machine.

I think a short video training series on using the Haas machines would be well received. Use the Apple switching from a PC web training series as a model.

In the end I guess its expected for the Haas distribution network to provide this type of support. I will keep digging around. Otherwise its $145hr for the factory tech to come out and show us. Don’t mind paying for the training just would be helpful to have a place to start and pay for more advanced stuff.

Mark

Mark, where are you located? Maybe someone close to you would be willing to show you a few things in exchange for a decent dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Mark, where are you located? Maybe someone close to you would be willing to show you a few things in exchange for a decent dinner?
    Dundee Oregon! Just outside of Portland OR. Decent dinner? Shoot how about 7hr slow smoked baby backs right at the shop? Or one of the many top local restaurants you bet.

Mark

www.learnhaas.com get in touch with Harold they can help you with your learning needs

Quote Originally Posted by helocat View Post

Mark
    Mark,

I currently go to a university where we were entrusted with a bunch of HAAS machines; 3 MiniMills, 2 SL10's, 1 MDC, 1 SL20, a VM-3 and a VF-4. I could answer a bunch of specific questions for you if you have them.