584,833 active members*
5,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yamaha HXY series arm-type robot

Hello everyone,

I got yamaha HXY series robot with controller and MPB control panel. It works fine with MPB control panel, but i want to connect it to pc. It has RS232 port, own software. The problem is, that it uses its own programing language too.

I have tried to search for documentation, but could not find anything, except QRCX series, though, it is a little different model. Also no luck in receiving answers from Yamaha itself. All i know, that this model has been discontinued long time ago.

Here are some pictures of it:

Robot itself:

Controller:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQUqy1Zmng"]YouTube- Yamaha arm-type robot[/nomedia]

Anyone had something similar? Is it possible to control with Mach3 software?

Re: Yamaha HXY series arm-type robot

Yamaha R25 Is a great bike

Re: Yamaha HXY series arm-type robot

I don't know what you are attempting to do with your robot, but most industrial robots use their own proprietary code to drive the device. Makes it difficult to adapt for other purposes.

I converted an ABB robot some years ago to do milling and managed this by using some conversion software that allowed the use of G code. The software component was IRB CAM which purports to translate for many industrial robots natively. The hardware side of this included the use of a windows based laptop linked via ethernet connection and using FTP software to communicate with the robot control. You should know that IRB CAM isn't actually cam software, but does a lot more than just translate native code into G code.