Since there is now a forum for Dyna Mechtronics, I figured it might be helpful to provide some general info about the company and machines.

The company's formal name is Dyna Mechtronics. They often put a name plate on the machines that stated DYNA MYTE. Dyna Mechtronics has nothing to do with Dynapath, DynaCNC, DynaTorch, or other "Dyna"s. Their website is http://www.dynamechtronics.com/ and they are still in business.

SKIP control machines. SKIP is Single Key Input Programming. Pretty slick in the '80s, very limited by today's standards. The SKIP control can hold about 999 lines of Dyna's proprietary conversational code. If the program is longer than that, it will have to be drip fed/DNC'd to the control. Dyna used to sell software called Dynacom for communicating between the control and a PC. I do not know if it is still available from Dyna. I think it is possible to drip feed from other software, but I have no experience with this. All SKIP machines use stepper motors for the axes. The weakest areas of these machines are the circuit boards and wiring.

Benchtop mills with SKIP control:
2900 (2800 with ATC)

Benchtop lathe with SKIP control:

Full size with SKIP control:
4400 (same as 4000 but with ATC)

Full size with Mitsubishi M3 & M520 controls. Dyna started moving into the bigger machine market in the late '80s with the SKIP 4000/4400 but recognized the SKIP control was a big handicap. They started using Mitsubishi M3 controls which were much more powerful than the SKIP controls and allowed for rigid tapping and much faster feed rates and rapids. Mitsubishi also used servos which were faster, more accurate, and more powerful than the steppers. Mitsubishi still supports and services the Mits components. The most common failure on the Mitsubishi is battery failure resulting in loss of parameters.

DM4400M (same mechanicals as 4400 but with Mitsubishi M3 control)
DM4500
DM4800
DM4800C (re-badged Johnford mill with swing arm ATC)
DL3300 lathe

PC3 controls running 4M software. In the mid-'90s, Dyna started working on their own PC based control to replace the Mitsubishi. The first handful of machines built used an industrial 486 based PC with a monchrome LCD display. Shortly after introducing the PC3 control, Dyna switched to a Pentium CPU with conventional PC mainboard, 16MB RAM, off-the-shelf hard drive, and 3.5" floppy drive. All machines ran MS-DOS 6.x with some of the later machines offering limited ethernet.

Benchtop with Dyna's PC control:
DM1007

Knee Mill with Dyna's PC control:
EM3116

Full size with Dyna's PC control:
DM2016
HF3016
DM3220
HF4020
DM4322