584,858 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My Arrows are sick.

I have 2 Arrow 1000's that each have developed problems this week.I have 1 machine that prompts "power supply malfunction" only when accessing the floppy drive.Yes it does shut down and requires realignment.I do have a spare but this one is only 6 mo. old.Anyone have a suggestion ?The other Arrow has a tool carousel problem it will only rotate in the negative direction.I can play around with it and occasionally get it to jog in the positive direction for only 1 position.The prompt I get is "Tool Drum 1 search Failure " . Does anyone have an idea here as well.I thank you all for your time and interest.

I've seen this before on the tool changer when the wires were broken to the tool drum jog motor. They tend to break where the drum "hinges" at the back near where the air cylinder mounts. I fought one the other day on one of my customers machines that the drum would rotate all day long when it was parked, but when you fired it to the spindle, it wouldn't. The wires were broken and only making a connection when the drum was parked.

As far as the ps fault goes, I would change it just to make sure its not the problem. Doesn't take very long to swap, and I've seen these things fail within weeks of putting them in.

Thanks for the reply. I will do some more checking in the morning and let you know how it comes out.

Found the problem

Well it appears one of the 110 volt coils on the output board is the problem.
    Does anyone have a cheap second source for these parts?I sure need to buy some spares.