585,996 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > DoubleCad XT vs ProgeCad 2009 Smart

DoubleCad XT vs ProgeCad 2009 Smart

Helllo...

I want some free software for hoby use. So my hand's come over three free packages

1. TurboCAD LE
    I use that till now but is known that is unstable in XP. And does crash pretty regular. So this is A reason why I wan't to go away. They wanted $130 for Deluxe 17

2. DoubleCAD XT
    I just download it and check if I can draw simple cube :withstupi doesn't work! Just got square. No 3D at all! As I can see is free for hobby and proffesional use. For 3D and professional wants $700

3. progeCAD 2009 Smart
    I download that too. And I'm able to draw cube too So has limited 3D capabilitis. It's free for hobby but not for commercial. For more they want $300

Does anybody use's that programs and can meke me decision easyer?
    Very rare I need 3D but sometime want's it. So 3D are prefered but seems to costly for now.

RE:TurboCAD, DoubleCAD

Hello, this is Rip from IMSI/Design, makers of TurboCAD and DoubleCAD.

TurboCAD LE was a free product ("Learning Edition") and was released in 1993... which I believe is Windows 3 era so compatibility with XP may not be perfect. That said I do know users that run this regularly on XP without difficulty so I cannot say for sure what going on here.

Free DoubleCAD XT is a 2D CAD product so if you need 3D, it's not the product for you. (Note, you can view 3D drawings in XT... and, at some point, we will have a 3D plug-in for free XT.)

If you need 3D, though, TurboCAD Deluxe 2D/3D is a steal at $130 -- I am biased, but TurboCAD Deluxe is the best on the market.

Turbotech, can your Deluxe version execute code created with the SDK, which is Pro-only?

I'm looking for a decent 2D CAD system which supports execution of third-party code. Deluxe is great, but the step up to Pro is damned expensive.

I'm hoping I can buy one copy of Pro for development work, then copies of Deluxe for run-time execution.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTECH View Post
    Hello, this is Rip from IMSI/Design, makers of TurboCAD and DoubleCAD.

TurboCAD LE was a free product ("Learning Edition") and was released in 1993... which I believe is Windows 3 era so compatibility with XP may not be perfect. That said I do know users that run this regularly on XP without difficulty so I cannot say for sure what going on here.

Free DoubleCAD XT is a 2D CAD product so if you need 3D, it's not the product for you. (Note, you can view 3D drawings in XT... and, at some point, we will have a 3D plug-in for free XT.)

If you need 3D, though, TurboCAD Deluxe 2D/3D is a steal at $130 -- I am biased, but TurboCAD Deluxe is the best on the market.

Hello...
    I'm not shure what you want to say. (I'm short in english )

I use TurboCAD LE few years. And in my system (XP SP2) crashes at least once per session if I do some work (let's tok Crashes every 2 hours aprox). So I have workaround to save job every 10 minutes or so. So the lost is not big. I like It as is simple and can do near all I want. For now I manage to do All job with it. The turboCAD Deluxe seems very close to LE just to have some 3D capability. And for that $130 not seem to big. Is that steal?!?
    I downloaded the demo of Turbocad Deluxe and Pro and seem that I can live with both. Thus demo is only 15 days and I was seek so real test is just 4 day's long.

Does this pice of software worths $130?
    And yes. I have TurboCAD LE on my desktop, my laptop and even im my EEEPC. Of course I forgot to say in my hobby shop on EMC computer too. Does Deluxe license alow such computers? (I'm the only owner/user of computers)

p.s.
    the CAD software prices are near all in $1xxx range. What are cheap and good alternatives? ViaCad?:withstupi

SDK

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dunn View Post
    Turbotech, can your Deluxe version execute code created with the SDK, which is Pro-only?

I'm looking for a decent 2D CAD system which supports execution of third-party code. Deluxe is great, but the step up to Pro is damned expensive.

I'm hoping I can buy one copy of Pro for development work, then copies of Deluxe for run-time execution.
    I belive so. The best place for information on the SDK is the SDK corner of the TurboCAD Discussion forums.

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php#5

Quote Originally Posted by slavkok View Post

I downloaded the demo of Turbocad Deluxe and Pro and seem that I can live with both. Thus demo is only 15 days and I was seek so real test is just 4 day's long.

We can extend the trial another 15 days send an email to [email protected]
    Does this pice of software worths $130?
    And yes. I have TurboCAD LE on my desktop, my laptop and even im my EEEPC. Of course I forgot to say in my hobby shop on EMC computer too. Does Deluxe license alow such computers? (I'm the only owner/user of computers)
    As long as you are the only user we do allow instalations on multiple machines

What are cheap and good alternatives? ViaCad?i
    viacad is my preference for a cheap alternative , i've got both turbocad deluxe and viacad and I find viacad to be more user friendly (not to knock anyone elses stuff)
    I bought both on ebay and payed roughly $20-25 for each
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

More on the SDK

Can you use the SDK to develop tools, plug-ins, or standalone applications which will work with TurboCAD Deluxe, or TurboCAD Designer? The short answer is Yes, with some limitations and restrictions.

TurboCAD Pro, TurboCAD Deluxe, and TurboCAD Designer have different libraries, configurations, and resources, so code developed for TurboCAD Pro may not work on TurboCAD Deluxe or TurboCAD Designer.

In addition there are legal restrictions, as follows:

· You may not distribute any part, component, file, library or resource that comes with any of the TurboCAD products, unless specifically licensed by IMSI/Design to do so.

· You may not distribute any 3rd Party part, component, file, library or resource that comes with any of the TurboCAD products, unless specifically licensed to do so by both IMSI/Design and that 3rd party.

· You may not develop an “extender” product or products designed to give TurboCAD Deluxe or Designer the same capabilities, in part or in whole, as TurboCAD Pro, or TurboCAD Pro Platinum, or any higher end TurboCAD product, or other CAD products of IMSI/Design.

· You may not use the TurboCAD SDK to build products which directly compete with IMSI/Design products, unless specifically exempted and approved by IMSI/Design, and only within the terms of that exemption and approval.