584,861 active members*
4,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Problem activating Partmaster

Problem activating Partmaster

Did anyone have a problem when they tried to activate their copy of Partmaster? When I click on "Activate", the program locks up and shuts down! The demo version works, but the activation feature doesn't. Any body have any ideas? This is with VISTA 32 bit home version. UAC is always off. Everything is run with Administrator privileges.
    Dean

I have told the folks at dolphin all along the activation part (copyminder) stinks. The software is so much better than to use such an activation method. I originally had problems with the activation, got it fixed but wound up buying a dongle any ways. Hopefully Andre or someone can chime in here.

Hello Dean,

I assume that your operating system is Vista or Win7.

Can you make sure of the following please.

You must be logged in with a user account that has administrator priviliges.

Turn off User Account Control (UAC).

If you running Win7 then you will need to look at the attached Word document.

Regards

Andre
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am using VISTA 32 bit home with administrator privileges. Strange that the program works but the activation doesn't.
    Dean

Use the dongle. Boycott copyminder. Seriously tho, the dongle makes life easier.

harley4ever,
    what did you finally end up doing to get your program to run without a dongle. Were you using VISTA or is there some other generic problem? It almost seems wrong to buy a dongle if there is a simple configuration fix. Could it be as simple as I am connected to a network?
    Thanks
    Dean

It was definitely a vista problem. I ran Win 98 and XP for years without a problem. The minute I tried to activate it on Vista, it scremed bloody murder. I forgoet what actually was the cause but the good folks at dolphin sorted me out. Its just a shame that such a nice piece of software uses an activation method that faulters (copyminder). Quite honestly I think the dongle is worth every penny. I have a few computers I have wanted to run it on and the dongle has allowed me to where the code wouldnt allow you to do that. When you say network, do you mean you are connected to a wireless network? I wouldnt think that would be the cause. Perhaps it could be something as simple as just disabling any firewalls or secuity software while initially getting it running??????

When you say network, do you mean you are connected to a wireless network? I wouldn't think that would be the cause. Perhaps it could be something as simple as just disabling any firewalls or security software while initially getting it running??????
    I have several computers connected to a router, hard wire and wireless.
    I firmly believe it is a problem with the Copyminder activation module. The program works. I just can't run the activation module. I've closed & deactivated everything and it doesn't make a difference.
    Hopefully dolphin can figure it out.
    Dean

Just to close out this thread for others in the future, I never did get copyminder to work and activate in VISTA. I ended up buying a dongle and that totally solved the problem.
    Dean