585,991 active members*
6,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > How do I adjust drives on Hurco BX

How do I adjust drives on Hurco BX

I have changed out my servo drive. The x axis was bad so I put the Y card in x to test it.

Now I put the (new) drive in y. The x zeros out in home position, but y sort of slowly jogs around and makes a horrible gurgling whine.

I even tried another card in Y and it did the same thing.

How do I go about adjusting these? They are servo mate drives. I see the pots on the edge of the card TAC, etc, etc ,etc

Thanks,
    JAckal

Start by powering up the servos and winding the gain pot CW until the axis oscillates, then wind it back until the oscillation stops plus a further three turns.
    Wind the Tach. pot fully CW then back eight turns. wind the Sig. pot fully CW then back about five turns. Put your meter on DC volts and measure the voltage at the brown and orange wires on the edge of the amp being checked (or between pins 8 & 9 on the relevant channel on the servo board).
    Jog the axis forward and backwards at 25IPM and adjust the Sig. pot for 0.65v in both directions (use the Bal. pot to even things up about centre i.e 0.64v one way and 0.66v the other can be balanced to get 0.65v both directions).
    If there is not enough adjustment on the Sig. pot, wind the Tach. pot CW one turn and try again. When you have 0.65v in both directions, wind the Gan. pot CW until the axis just becomes unstable then back it off 3 turns.

Thanks Bloke,

JAckal