585,663 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Safety Zone > Who are you actually helping?

Who are you actually helping?

I have seen posts from many different countries here. I have refused to answer questions from some of these people. I'm not saying they are doing evil or not, probably not, but lets all keep in mind that the machining process can create some deadly weapons, some countries are not even supposed to have some of this equipment. Thats why Haas, Mori Seiki among others have re-location sensors in them. This is a very incomplete list of some of the very unfriendly countries, use your judgment before answering if you see a posting from a country that seems odd.

I no understant

are you talking about removing machine sensors ?
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

opps, forgot the list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_S...ly_on_the_list

And no, Canada is not on the list, yet

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    opps, forgot the list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_S...ly_on_the_list

And no, Canada is not on the list, yet
    as long as we have our beer we won't be a threat to anyone
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    ... Thats why Haas, Mori Seiki among others have re-location sensors in them....
    Did anyone tell you you weren't supposed to mention that!(chair)

It's pretty obvious they have them when you try to power up the control, and it asks for the passcode. I think everyone knows that by now.

Way back, when I was doing research for my first book, I was studying non-cartesian machines like the G&L. That thing was so hyper accurate and its control so sophisticated, it was the the s***list for machines that couldn't be exported outside the US, Canada, and Great Britain.

Most machines with more than 4 axis of motion, and/or real time feedback to the CNC are verboten. Ditto for CNC controllers that can machine directly from CAD data.

A country like Iran could do a great deal of harm if they had machinery like that, as that is what is used to manufacture a great deal of components for weaponry, both directly and indirectly.

Back in the 80s, Toshiba machine got into a BOAT LOAD of TROUBLE because they had sold 9 axis CNC HMCs to Soviet Russia and the Russians were machining sub propellers with them. Remember that at the time, Toshiba had its own CNC and they had surreptitiously configured it to look like a 3 axis display - until the machine was installed, and then it was parametered to be its intended 9 axis configuration. Forest Line' of France was doing the same thing.