584,817 active members*
4,810 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Unhappy tnc2500 parameter loss

Hi
    Boy do i need help
    I am working on my bridgeport vmc760 with heidenhain tnc 2500c control that has lost all parameters due to battery failure and i have no manuals to assist me.I am looking for a parameter list to bring this back plus details on how to reset/reteach its reference points and the code number to allow axis movement in manual mode.
    thanks poss31

sorry there doesn't seem to be one on the site. I bumped my old parameter thread up. I would hope others would post their parameters.

Once you do get parameters, you will have to set the end of travel points as well as tool change height yourself.

I believe I read that the 2500 is bridgeport only version of the tnc360. You could go to the heidenhain website and download control manuals there.

The relatively 'modern' heidenhain controls use the same parameter numbers for the various items, so the list I had posted for the 410 would be a decent start for the 2500, but many, many things would be different.

As Gus said,you can download the manuals from Heidenhains site.Each parameter for the control will be listed and explained but you need to know what you`re doing to work out what to enter on the control.
    If you have a toolchanger you may actually have to know a specific parameter for certain ones which are linked to the plc and you could spend the rest of your life trying things.
    As you`re in Scotland I`ll have a look and see what I`ve got,failing that you want to speak to Jack Robertson at Robertson Machine Tools (or something similar) in Whitburn.
    Whereabouts are you?
    Mark.

EDit: If you go to the Heidenhain site and download the manuals and read them you will find the various codes to let you work with the control.When you find the code to let you jog the axis to set software limits be very careful how you use it.

Poss31,

In the past I have contacted the Hardinge UK office, they are the old Bridgeport. They used to do all the engineering there. Ask for Sean Briars or Darren Clarke both good guys. I once helped a guy in India thru the UK office with parameters on a vertical with a pallet changer.

They should have a parameters list if you provide the serial #.

OU812

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Poss31,

In the past I have contacted the Hardinge UK office, they are the old Bridgeport.

OU812
    Jack Robertson is the official Bridgeport agent for Scotland.
    The second best bet is Ali Hoder from AL Machine Tools in Birmingham.Ali is ex Bridgeport technical service.He has parameter lists and PLC programmes for nearly every cnc Bridgeport ever made.
    They are both very helpful guys.
    Mark.

thanks for your replies lads i did manage to get a parameter list but i cannot get the machine to move in manual it still wants to reference.The code number i am trying is 84159.
    gridley 51 i am in sunny Irvine.

Poss,I am in Broxburn.
    If you have entered the parameters correctly you should only have to adjust the soft limits as these numbers vary from machine to machine.When it asks you to reference the machine,is there a reason for not referencing it?
    Mark.

Hi Mark
    The parameters i got a hold of were from another vmc 760 and when i go to reference the machine the z axis alarms out (gross positional error),i think this is due to this axis being above its home point to start with this is why i was looking for a code number to allow me to move the axis down and to prove the encoder was not at fault.I will manually move it and then try to reference again and see what happens.Will let you know how i get on.
    thanks stevie

That error means that the deviation between where the control thinks the axis should be and it`s actual position is more than what was programmed into the parameter.
    This can be caused by a few things.As you are just installing the machine and don`t know what else may be wrong,I would check that the axis isn`t mechanically tight then either slow the referencing speed or increase the allowable error before it faults.Both these actions are carried out by changing parameters.
    You can give me a ring during working hours if you want.PM me and I`ll give you the number.
    Mark.

now on the old ones you could hold the power enable button in and press z minus, but I have never tried that on a vmc.

Hi
    I have all axis movement and soft limits set now, the problem was the feedrate for PLC positioning parameter,i also found that this control does not allow axis movement through a password i had to change the axis sequence ref. approach parameter to enable manual movement .So just left with toolchanger to set up does anyone know the spindle orient grid shift and Z axis toolchange position parameters.
    Slow but sure i am getting there.
    Thanks stevie

Smile

Hi
    Thanks everyone for your help i've got the machine up and running now and looking tickety boo.
    stevie

now, download the parameters, then post them in the parameter thread so the next time someone else will have them

parameter list for TNC 2500C
    NC software 260010-05
    PLC software 250144-08
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	760-16-1off 2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	109784

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	760-16-2 off 2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	109785

Have same problem on a Bridgeport Interact 1 MK2 with TNC 2500c (NC software 260010 11, PLC software 250144 14). Lost parameters due to defective batteries over a weekend. Managed to get some parameter lists of similar machines but when trying to traverse reference points, keep getting a "gross positioning error Y D" even though X should be moved first. Is there a particular parameter that I should check that could be causing this problem?

Re: tnc2500 parameter loss

Hi guys My machine is a VMC 760 with control TNC 2500 B, the TNC presents the list of machine parameters after the memory test.
    I entered by hand on the keyboard the parameters, when i turn off and after turn on the machine, the lost parameters again, the battery is ok, Whats is my problem? what am i doing wrong?

the batteries are no ok

could be that the contacts are bad from previous corroded batteries

Try hitting "end" after loading the parameters and before you power down.

I have a machine needs for Parameter
    My Machine details are:
    Bridgeport interact 300
    Control: Heidenhain TNC 2500

I have lost the machine Parameter, and also I need:
    - Machine Parameter
    - NC 259950 02
    - PPLC 250144 05
    Thank you very much for your kind attention & waiting for your replay.
    Best regards
    Peti

my e-mail: stopposoknak @ gmail.com

Please, I want this version TNC 2500
    NC 260010 01
    PLC 250144 08

Page 1 of 2 12